Chapter 10

This one is dedicated to meenzypenzy, cleventeen98 and crystal tears. Thanks for your wonderful long comments.  Have you wondered who the tiger is? 

Like i said BIG SURPRISE.  Here is a complete chapter for you guys just to say thanks for all the reads comments and votes.  Please enjoy and tell me what you think.  If you dont understand this chapter let me know and i will answer all your questions. 

A few secrets will be revealed.

 Chapter 10

Three years ago.

Arnav sat in the study waiting for his father.  He had been ordered here earlier this afternoon and he knew better than to ignore an order from his father.  He sat there waiting and thought about the party he was going to later.  His friend Kabir said it was going to be a big one and only the rich and famous were invited and Arnav wasn’t just rich but he was famous with the ladies too. 

Arnav had everything.  Money, friends and his family loved him and he was spoiled by all.  He had it all, brains, looks and money like his father always said.  He was a ladies’ man like you wouldn’t believe.  He had a different girl on his arm at every party and like the womanizer he was, he never had the same girl twice.  He was a heartbreaker and girls knew that and still fell for him as soon as he set eyes on them.

Arnav looked at the lavish room and remembered how his father had always said that one day Arnav would have it all.  Arnav didn’t really think about what ‘all’ really meant and he thought it would be brains looks and money.  He realized that he was a bit shallow and conceited but he was a party person and that was he wanted.

“Arnav, thank you for coming son.  I have something to discuss with you that is urgent.”  His father said as he walked in.  He sat behind the big desk and folded his big hands together.  “I need you to come and take your place in the company.  I am getting old and I need your help.”

Arnav sat with his head in his hands and sighed.  “I don’t think I am ready yet father.  I am eighteen years old and still in college.  Surely one of my older brothers is more capable of taking over some of the work?” 

“No Arnav, don’t make up excuses.  You can take over from me because you are smart.  The real reason why you don’t want to come to company is because you are still a child even though I think you are an adult.  You don’t want t6o grow up but you don’t realize that you can’t be a child forever.”  His father said with clear disappointment in his voice.  “If you don’t show up for work on Monday, you will be disowned.”  His father was angry and ignored Arnav’s pleading looks.

“Father I will come to work with you but let me finish my year of college first, please father.”

“No Arnav, you don’t care for college all you care about is your parties and your woman.  You have till Monday morning to join me in the company full time and not a minute later than eight o’ clock.  If you are not there in my office you are no longer my son.  You are dismissed.”

Arnav knew it was pointless to negotiate with his father and left the office.  He would join his father on Monday.  He had two days of his young life left.  On Monday he would join the world of stockbrokers and he would have to wear suits.  He would be a business man and he would have no time for parties and friends, just boring business dinners and boring old men with suits and briefcases.  His life as he knew it would be over.  “I would enjoy my last weekend as a young careless man and Monday I will enter into my dad’s world.”  Arnav said as he left the house.  He got into his car and drove away.