Chapter 2.4

Hi all.  I am so sorry about the late upload.  I am a litlle under the weather and forgot that it was monday.  I would like to thank all of you for the support on AN INDIAN PRINCESS.  You are the best.  I will upload the rest of the chapter just after this part.  Chapter 3 part 1 to 3 on the 27th.

Have fun reading and please comment and if yiu like vote, fan and share.  :)

Dedicated to strongloveforyou

Part 4 of 5

Nidhi woke up late afternoon and for a second didn’t know where she was. She looked around the room and remembered how she got here. She looked at herself and saw what she was wearing. “Ugh, so it wasn’t a nightmare, it is real.” She said with a very unhappy look. She got off the bed and just then two women came into the room.

The one had a pen and book and the other a measuring tape. The one with the measuring tape picked up Nidhi’s arms and Nidhi knew what they wanted from her even though they didn’t say a word. Nidhi stood with her arms horizontally in the air and let the woman take her measurements. When they were done the one with the book and pen gave her a page with different styles of saree's and salwar's and gave Nidhi the pen. She crossed out almost all the pictures with saree's and left only one that she would wear and circled all the salwar patterns she liked. The girl was happy with the choices and motioned for Nidhi to follow her.

Nidhi followed the young woman to a room filled with fabrics. Nidhi immediately picked out different shades of reds and greens and the young woman looked happy once again. Nidhi smiled happily. “Maybe this is not so bad.”

The girl took her hand and pulled her outside and nodded while pulling her hand through the air with the grace of a dancer and Nidhi knew that she could explore the village. The young woman disappeared into the building and Nidhi turned around and around wondering where she would go first. She was clueless about everything except one, she felt free for the first time in her life even wearing a saree.

Nidhi wondered around the village exploring every part of it. She saw little children playing and when a small child fell and got hurt Nidhi ran to help and gave the beautiful little girl a hug. After that the girl and her friend a little boy followed Nidhi everywhere, but never spoke to her. Just like the grownups who spoke to each other. No one in the village was unfriendly towards her and they all smiled at her and nodded but no words. Their gestures were friendly.