Chapter 7.2

Dedicated to BECERRAstephanie.

Wow, i hope part 1 was as exciting as i wanted it to be? What did you think of the creature, good or bad? This part has some Nidhi and beautiful stranger time. I hope you like it. Tell me what you think. Remember to read comment and vote. O and check out the eyecandy on the side - Ranbir Kapoor as the beautifull stranger.

Part 2 of 7

Nidhi woke up feeling warmer than she should have after what happened. She snuggled closer to the source of the heat and savoured the moment. She turned without opening her eyes because she wasn't fully awake yet. She placed her hand on the warmth and then realized that she had her hands in fur. "Tiger you came to me." Nidhi closed her eyes and fell back in to a peaceful slumber.

Nidhi woke again a while later and found that she was moving. She opened her eyes and saw the woods move past her at a slow paste. Nidhi lifted her head and saw that someone was carrying her. The first thought that came to her was that the villagers had gone looking for her and that meant that Arii had been worried. How long had she been away from the village?

Nidhi turned her head to the person carrying her and for a second Nidhi was in awe once again. His strong jaw the brown eyes that made you feel like they saw into your soul and the beautiful dark hair that framed the face. She felt his arms the same arms that helped Ruh chop up the tree that was blocking their way. The beautiful stranger, just looking at him made her mouth go dry and her hear beat speed up. Why did this stranger have such an effect on her?

He was handsome and strong, too good for her she thought as she looked at him. He didn't say anything and it was like he was ignoring her for some reason. Nidhi wanted to talk to him but knew it would be useless because he won't talk back. So she did what she thought was best, kept quiet.

Nidhi felt stiff and sore so she didn't make any attempt to get him to let go of her and she used that excuse on herself just so she could be near him. He was carrying her bridal style and his pace never slowed and it never looked as if he struggled under her weight. Nidhi knew she wasn't fat but still she was almost a grown woman and was of average size and weight. Most men wouldn't have been able to walk miles with her in his arms through the woods.

Nidhi decided she should talk to him. "Hallo again, do you remember me? You helped us the day before yesterday to chop up a tree that fell into the road blocking our path. My name is Nidhi."

He just nodded and Nidhi couldn't help but think that he was mad at her. "So you remember me?

He nodded again and concentrated on the road. "I think you should let me down, I can walk on my own." Nidhi said feeling frustrated because of the one way communication and because she felt guilty that he was carrying her.

He stopped and set her on her feet but as soon as he let go of her, she stumbled as her knees went weak. It wasn't because of his god like appearance but because of the running earlier that Nidhi wasn't used to. He caught her before she fell and with an 'I know what is best' look on his beautiful face, picked her up again and continued on with her in his arms.

"Thank you for helping me, I don't know what happened after I jumped off the cliff into the river. That creature had found me here in the woods while I was waiting for a friend and it chased me. I was so scared and I feared for my life." Nidhi looked into his eyes and thought she saw guilt in them. "I have never seen anything like it. It looked like a bear but it was so fast, almost like a jaguar and it was white as snow."

What Nidhi had described to him sounded like something she had made up but she could see on his expression that it had upset him. Nidhi got the idea that he knew something about the creature. Hopefully he will tell Arii and she could tell Nidhi. "You can't talk to me but you should tell Arii what you know. You are taking me to Arii's village, right? He nodded and Nidhi felt relieved.

It was about an hour before sunset when Nidhi saw the village come into view. She could see that there were no celebrations and it looked like the town was asleep. Nidhi rested her head against his chest again and the sound of his heart beating by her ear was so calming. Nidhi was pulled out of her thoughts when she heard people shouting and clapping.

"Nidhi!" Nidhi looked up to see Arii running towards her with Ruh and the rest of the village in tow. Arii had tears in her eyes as she hugged Nidhi while she was still in the arms of the stranger. He didn't let go as if he didn't want to.

Arii must have understood the look he gave her because Arii had signalled for him to follow her. Nidhi was happy that she was home but also sad that soon she would not be in his arms again. Nidhi held him tighter and with every breath she took she memorised his sent and once again she smelled the woods. It reminded her of the tiger and suddenly Nidhi was sad that they didn't get to spend the day together. She knew he was there when she woke the first time and that the tiger left as soon as he realized that this beautiful stranger was going to find them and who knows what this man would have thought of the tiger lying next to the body of a young woman.