Chapter 14

Please read A/N at the end.

Dedicated to cleveteen98.

The last battle.

Nidhi watched frantically as the tiger and the creature walked in a circle facing each other.  The ropes that tied her hands together were tearing through her skin and Nidhi could feel the warm trinkets of blood running down her hands.

There was no way she would be able to help he dear beloved tiger out of this.  Last night she went to bed the happiest person and woke up here in the woods tied up and in so much pain.   She knew immediately that the creature had done this to her and Nidhi was mad as hell.  She never did anything to the creature to give him reason to do this to her.

She watched the creature and the tiger and prayed to the gods that the tiger would end up the victor in this battle.  She loved this tiger so much and she could not imagine her life without him in it.  All she had to do yet was to tell him.  She didn’t know how it could be possible to love an animal so much but she did.  There was just one little problem:  she loved Arnav – the beautiful stranger too.  Nidhi knew she would have to choose one day and she knew that the decision would be a very hard one.

The creature lunged at the tiger and the two of them rolled around on the ground biting, clawing and drawing blood with every tear.  Nidhi saw so much blood that it was impossible to know whose it was.  She didn’t want to watch but she had no choice, she needed to know if her tiger would come out of this alive. 

For a few seconds the tiger managed to hit the creature unconscious.  He stood there watching making sure he would stay down for a minute or so.  When he was sure he ran to Nidhi and with his long claws managed to cut the ropes loose that held Nidhi captive.  He looked at her and knew that his life was worth nothing without her.  He saw her eyes widen and how she battled to speak.  Then he felt the worst pain tear through his body. 

The tiger turned and saw the creature standing there with a smug look on his face.  Then with the last bit of strength in him jumped on the creature and bit into his main artery and tore it out of his neck.  The creature fell on top of him and when he looked at the creature once more and saw a young man where the creature fell.  Arnav closed his eyes and allowed the darkness to take him.

Nidhi couldn’t believe what just happened.  She looked at Raj and then at her tiger.  Raj of all people, why would he do this, how was this even possible?  People can’t change into creatures and creatures can’t change into humans.   Nidhi saw her tiger trapped under the lifeless body of Raj and ran to him.  With strength she didn’t know she possessed, moved Raj’s body of her tiger. 

Nidhi fell to her knees by her tigers side and saw that he was barely breathing.  Nidhi cried for help over and over.  “Help, someone please help!”  Her voice became hoarse and Nidhi laid her head on his shoulder and cried.  In a soft whisper Nidhi went on pleading someone to come and help.  “Please help him anyone I need help.” 

His whole body was in pain and all he could hear was Nidhi’s plea that someone should come and help.  He concentrated on her voice and listened to every word.  He wanted to live so he could be with her but he knew that he didn’t have much time left.  He always imagined them growing old together living happily in a village here in the woods, maybe the one with the fountain.  Then he heard the words he was hoping for, living for for the last few months.