Chapter 2.3

Dedicated to lovetoseeyoucry.

Part 3 of 5

The woman quickly picked up all Nidhi’s normal clothes and ran out of the room. Nidhi looked at the saree and then at her bag that only contained her clean underwear. She smelled the clothes that she was wearing and knew she wouldn’t be comfortable in them for another day. She picked up the dark green and gold saree and looked at it. “Good thing it is not pink or some other girly color.” Nidhi said to herself. She took what she needed and went to the bathroom to take a bath. Nidhi didn’t know how long this journey would still be or if they have reached their destination, but a saree was not for her. She liked the clothes she normally wore. She would rather wear a salwar.

Nidhi took her time with her bath and almost fell asleep while soaking in the tub and only came out of her slumber when someone knocked on the door. “I am still in the tub.” She said annoyed.

The person knocked again and Nidhi knew they wanted her out of the bathroom.

“I am just finishing up, give me five minutes please.” She got out and dressed quickly. With her hair still in a towel she opened the door and saw a woman she hasn’t seen before. She went into the bathroom and took Nidhi’s dirty clothes and the towel Nidhi used to dry her body and looked at the one that was covering Nidhi’s hair.

Nidhi quickly dried her hair as best she could and handed the woman the towel. ‘Jeez, neat freak much?’ She thought to herself as the woman left the room. Nidhi walked over to the mirror and saw that she didn’t look too bad in the dark green saree. It was wrapped around to form a full length skirt and then over the shoulder with a top underneath. At least she was wearing one of her favorite colors.

Nidhi opened the bedroom door and saw that there was no one around. She closed the door again and took a seat on the bed. “I wish I had my phone.” Nidhi sighed and lay down on the bed. She thought about her family and the fact that she didn’t say goodbye to her father and brothers.