Chapter 4.5

Dedicated to TajbaMehmood

Part 5 of 6 

Nidhi didn't know what to make of this tiger that stood in front of her. Tigers were usually the enemy. They kill humans and livestock that belong to farmers. This tiger had been in her presence for forty five minutes now and he hasn't harmed her or Ruh once or even made an attempt to hurt them.  

She looked the tiger straight in his eyes and she felt a connection as he looked back into her eyes. Nidhi had to keep herself from going closer because for some reason she wanted to be as close as possible to the tiger but he could kill her. Nidhi took one more step and the tiger took one step. Nidhi wanted to look to Ruh but was afraid to, she didn't want to look away from the tiger.  

"Ruh, go get Arii please. I don't want to leave here, not yet. I will be okay. Hurry please?" She said to Ruh without looking at him. A minute had passed and Ruh was still there. "Go Ruh. He will not harm me." Nidhi said that and she knew it was true, he wouldn't hurt her. She proofed it to Ruh when she turned her back on the tiger and looked at Ruh. "I need to know why I have this connection to this tiger and you don't talk to me, Arii does so I need you to go and get her for me please."  

Nidhi watched as Ruh turned and walked away. She turned back to the tiger and held her hand out to him. "You won't hurt me will you?"  

The tiger shook his head from left to right and sat down. He closed his eyes as if he was showing her that he trusted her too. It looked like he was sleeping but opened his eyes a few seconds later.  

Nidhi stood there for a while and she felt safer than she had ever felt in her life. She looked at the tiger again and felt sorry for him. Why she felt like that, she didn't know. Nidhi sat down next to the tiger and ran her hand over his fur. He felt soft and she liked the feel of him on her palm.  

Nidhi saw the tiger move his head in the direction that Ruh had disappeared in. Nidhi followed his gaze but saw nothing. She heard Arii's voice but didn't move from where she was sitting. She wanted Arii to see that the tiger meant her no harm. She looked at the tiger where he was laying next to her with only an inch between them. Nidhi heard a gasp and turned her head towards Arii and Ruh.