Chapter 7.1

Dedicated to Daz1994.

Hallo all.  I hope you all had a wonderful weekend.  Things are getting exciting here and i have some action too.  What do you think of the tiger and who do you think it is?  Thanks for getting AIP 1500 reads and thanks for all the comments and votes.  You are all the best.  Enjoy.

Part 1 of 7

Nidhi woke just as the sun came up. She was so excited to see the tiger and spend the day with him.  Nidhi had that feeling like when you knew something big was going to happen but you didn’t know what.  She washed and dressed as fast as she could and left her room fifteen minutes later. 

She walked down the steps because she didn’t want to wake anyone.  She hoped that Arii and Ruh were still asleep and won’t catch her on her way out.  Nidhi stood on the last step and looked to see if no one was around and when she saw no one, she made her way to the door. 

Nidhi opened the door slowly and she was surprised that there was no squeaky noise.  She stepped out of the house and closed the door behind her.  Nidhi ran as soon as the door was closed and followed the same rout at the back of the buildings that she took when she came home last night.  A man saw her but he made no attempt to stop her. 

Nidhi had been running for a good ten minutes before she felt she could slow down to a walk.  She was already in the woods and saw no humans nor could she hear any human sounds.  Suddenly everything was too quiet.  Nidhi looked around her frantically turning around in one place searching for the danger.  Something was wrong and Nidhi didn’t know what.

She decided to go back but Nidhi was so far into the woods that she didn’t see or hear any humans and she had turned around so many times that she didn’t know which direction she had come from.  Nidhi fell to her knees and cried. 

A warm breath in Nidhi’s neck brought her out of her crying state and when she turned she didn’t know what to do.  She thought that she would see yellow eyes looking at her but that was not the case.  Nidhi froze and fear took her and suddenly Nidhi felt cold as if ice had started to form under her where she was kneeling.  Her whole body started to shiver and she thought she actually saw the cold where the breath escaped her mouth. 

Nidhi stumbled backwards and started to move away from the creature standing before her.  She started running on her hands and knees just to make the gap bigger between her and the thing she feared.  Nidhi got up and started to run as fast as she could but if it was in the right direction she didn’t know. 

As fast as she ran she could feel the creature running chasing her with speed greater than hers.  Nidhi tried to call for help but she couldn’t speak, she opened her mouth and spoke words but no sound left her lips.  She tripped but with energy she didn’t know she possessed she got back up and ran again.  To Nidhi it felt like seconds but she had been running for over an hour.  She heard the beast behind her still but somehow she knew he was tired and was losing speed.

She reached a river with a waterfall and Nidhi had to stop.  She didn’t have time to look around her but saw that the sun was right on top of her and Nidhi didn’t know where the time had gone.  It was already noon and it felt like she had just left the house an hour ago.   She heard the creature gaining on her and made a quick decision.  The cliff was blocking her way and the only way off it was the waterfall.  Nidhi had to jump and there was no two ways about it. 

Nidhi took a few steps back and ran to the edge of the cliff.  She jumped feet first and as Nidhi fell more than a hundred feet, she prayed to the gods for protection, she prayed that the water was deep enough and that the creature wouldn’t follow.  She felt the cold water swallowing her and everything around her was cold and dark.