Chapter 11.1

Dedicated to TiaraSpencer

Part 1 of 6

Nidhi and the nine other students arrived at the school two days later, each with their chaperones.  Nidhi had pleaded with Arii to accompany her and Ruh.  Nidhi stood at the entrance in awe.  The school was huge and it looked so different from the villages.  It had green grass and paved walkways and beautiful green gardens with flowers of every color.  Like the villages that Nidhi have had the pleasure of staying at, the school was taken care of and it was neat and clean.  The buildings were majestic and it invited you in.    

An older man arrived at the gate and stood before the group of teens.  “Good day to all students and chaperones.  I welcome you to the school of life.  Here you will discover yourself and find your place in life and here you will be prepared for your destiny.  I am headmaster Tribhuvan and I will give you a tour of the school.”

He turned and walked away and everyone started following him.  He showed them the grounds and explained what happened where.  He showed them the dining hall where they would enjoy all their meals.  He showed them the gym and the indoor swimming area and the outdoor gym and pool.  He pointed to a beautiful building and said it was the library.  He showed them where the entertainment arena was where they would watch movies and have parties.  Nidhi thought that the school would be without any fun but she was wrong.

The headmaster showed them the main building where they would go to class in and then he showed them the dorms where they would sleep.  “Students, here I have the list with names and room numbers.  You will each have your own apartment that you would share with your chaperones.  Each apartment has three bedrooms two bathrooms a living area and a small kitchen.  The room would be yours to decorate as you want but the furniture in it is the only furniture you will get from us.  If you want more or different you do so out of your own pockets.” 

The headmaster took out a piece a paper and started to read the names and numbers out loud.  Vashnie and Sashi you will share an apartment as you requested but there is a spare apartment if you want to split up.  You will be in apartment one and two.  Esha – three, Kirtan – four, Chahel – five, second floor Padma – six, Inas – seven, Nidhi – eight, Bahula – nine and Raj you are in ten.”

Everyone went to their rooms and Nidhi was not happy that she was on the same floor as Raj and with only one apartment between her and Raj.  She would not have minded to be far away from him.  It was strange that the guys stayed in the same building as the girls.  It was probably because the chaperones stayed with them. 

Nidhi had gone to her apartment and when she walked in, she was speechless.  The apartment was luxurious and modern.  The living room had a few chairs and couches and a lot of cushions.  The kitchen had a gas stove to boil water for tea and so on.  A small gas fridge for keeping food cold and all the necessities that didn’t need electricity.  The main bedroom had its own bathroom and the other two bedrooms shared the second.  Lights worked with oil and hot water was made with fire in a boiler room.  Nidhi was sure that the water would probably cold again when it got to her bath but she soon found that each room had a boiler close by so it didn’t lose heat.

She sat on her bed and looked at the room.  It was decorated in earthly tones and she liked the neutral colours.  The room had a big window that looked over the school gardens and her bed was big with small tables and the matching headboard and vanity table with a big round mirror.  She had a big closet and a desk with a lamp and a chair witch Nidhi guessed was for homework. 

Nidhi started to unpack and about halfway through Arii came to help her.  “You have been quiet Nidhi, is something the matter?” Arii asked with concern.

“No Arii, everything is okay.  Is your room to your liking?”  Nidhi said absent minded.

“Yes my room is perfect.  Why are you sad Nidhi?”

“Did Ruh tell you that I was sad?” 

“Yes but I can see it too.  Do you miss the tiger?”

“I miss him whenever I am not with him and it has been hours since I saw him last.  Do you think I would be able to go see him?”  Nidhi asked hopeful. 

Arii looked out of the window.  “The sun will be setting soon and dinner will be served in an hour.  You could probably go for a walk with Ruh.  I will unpack the rest of your things.”

Nidhi jumped up and down and gave Arii a hug.  “Thank you Arii, I won’t be late for dinner.”  Nidhi ran out of her room and saw Ruh waiting for her by the front door.