Chapter 4.1

Hallo friends.  I would like to thank all of you for reading, commenting and voting.  To those silent readers out there thanks for reading and join wattpad if you havent already and dont be shy to comment and vote if you really like a book.  You are all great and i appreciate every read comment and vote. 

Have fun reading.  Share if you want.

Dedicated to trishgrey 

Part 1 of 6

A knock on Nidhi’s bedroom door woke her from her slumber. The second knock made her open her eyes and the third knock forced her to get out of her cozy bed. Just as the third knock sounded she opened the door and found Ruh on the other side and she knew that it was time to leave. She looked past him and saw that it was still dark. “Are we leaving already, it is still dark out?”

Ruh just nodded and turned away. Nidhi closed the door and went to the bathroom to shower and change. When she was done she looked at herself in the mirror. The lady who packed her things the day before had set aside a salwar for her to wear. The pants was made from a dark green and the dress top from a blue patterned fabric with green inserts and the scarf from green patterned fabric and red and blue inserts. She smiled at herself and accepted the girl in the mirror as herself.

Then the lady form yesterday came in and in minutes Nidhi’s suitcases was packed with her sleep wear and her clothes she wore yesterday. In the days that she had spend in the village the women had gotten her a whole new wardrobe, from saree’s to salwar’s to pajamas and a few more outfits she didn’t know when she would ever need it. Nidhi was ready to leave the village or her luggage in any way.

Nidhi turned around in her room and took in every inch of it. This room had felt more like home than her own room back in her parents’ home had felt. She was sad to leave it but she knew that there was something or someone waiting for her out there and she needed to move on so she could find out who or what that was. Nidhi looked at the woman and with a smile and a nod she left the room.

Arii and Ruh were waiting for her by the auto rickshaw and they both greeted her with a smile. “Good morning. I am ready to go.” Nidhi said with a smile.

“Good morning Nidhi. The villagers have something that they want to give to you. We will leave as soon as they have done that.” Arii said with a smile.

“They have already given me so much; I cannot accept anything more from them. I came here with a small bag and I am leaving with suitcases filled with clothes.”

“They want to and for them it would be a slap in the face if you refuse it.” Arii said and looked at something behind me.

I turned to see what she was looking at and saw the woman who had made our meals and my clothes and who cleaned my room and the kids who I got to know even if they didn’t talk to me. I saw the men who had passed me and who I saw as I explored the village. They were all here to see me off and then I saw the gift that they had made me and I was speechless.