Chapter 8.3

Dedicated to shanadluvdylan.

Hi all.  I am so sorry for uploading so late.  Had a few things going on and i didnt have my laptop with me.  This chapter isa little nailbiting so i hope you enjoy it.  Please remember to comment and vote if you like.

Part 3 of 6

Nidhi was forced back to reality when something sent the auto rickshaw with her and Ruh inside it flying.  Nidhi fell out midair and landed very hard and very close to a big rock.  Nidhi tried to get up but the pain was really bad and it felt like she had broke something.  She looked for Ruh but couldn’t see him or their auto rickshaw. 

Nidhi had to do something so she took a stick that was lying close by and hoisted her up.  She managed to move around even though she was in excruciating pain.  Nidhi could hear the auto rickshaw and moved in that direction.  She found the car on its side and Ruh stuck underneath it.  Nidhi sat down next to an unconscious Ruh. 

“Ruh wake up please.  I think that creature is back and I need you to tell me what to do.”  She patted Ruh’s shoulder but he didn’t make any movements.  She checked for a pulse and was very happy when she found one.  “Ruh I think I need to go and look for help or I should stay here and wait.  They know we are coming don’t they?”  Nidhi started to cry because she felt helpless. 

A few minutes later Nidhi wiped her tears and decided to do something about the problem.  She started looking for rocks and strong pieces of wood that she could use to lift the auto rickshaw off of Ruh.  She wasn’t as fast as she would have liked to be but she did her best.  Nidhi found everything she was looking for and got to work.

She placed a rock close to the rickshaw and one a bit further away.   She used the one that was far to place the one end of the wooden pole onto and the other end under the rickshaw.  She placed as much of her body weight on to the wood so the other end would lift the rickshaw.  She then used her foot to slide the rock closest to the rickshaw underneath the rickshaw to create a space so she could pull Ruh out. 

Another thirty minutes later Nidhi had lifted the auto rickshaw high enough to pull Ruh out.  He was still unconscious and Nidhi got even more worried.  She heard a noise and immediately gathered rocks and whatever she could use as weapons.  The creature stood in front of Nidhi and her only concern was that the rocks under the rickshaw won’t hold and that it would hurt Ruh even more if it fell again.

Nidhi looked at the creature and for the first time saw his human like hands.  “I will go with you but I need you to do something for me first, please?”  The creature nodded and Nidhi went on.  “Please pull Ruh out from under that and let me tend to his wounds or at least help me to move him to the road where someone would see him and our things if the pass by so he could be taken to safety.”  Nidhi had a plan but for it to work she needed to get the auto rickshaw and Ruh to the road.

The creature moved closer and with strength Nidhi didn’t know he possessed picked up the rickshaw and placed it on its wheels away from Ruh.  He then picked Ruh up and placed him on the seat of the rickshaw in a lying position and pushed it into the road.  Nidhi took the stuff that was lying everywhere and also packed it in the rickshaw making sure that her stuff was visible so that whoever found Ruh, would know that there was someone else missing.  It looked like Ruh was waking up but Nidhi wasn’t sure.

The creature stood where the auto rickshaw was and waited for Nidhi.  She saw an impatient look and knew that it was time.  He did what she wanted and now she had to do what she said she would.  Nidhi took the stick that she used as a crutch and walked to the creature.  He pushed her forward so she could walk faster but she fell and hit her bad led on a rock.  The pain travelled through her leg and it was unbearable.  Nidhi didn’t cry or make a noise.  She wouldn’t show weakness.   

Nidhi got up and walked again even though every step she took sent a fiery pain through her leg.  Every step further away from Ruh made her even more afraid for his life.