Chapter 8.6

Dedicated to AnuandZora.

Part 6 of 6

Three days had passed since Nidhi woke in the cave the first time.  Her leg had been feeling better and she found that it wasn’t broken.  She had been lonely and every minute away from Ruh and the tiger just made her more worried because she didn’t know if Ruh had been rescued and she didn’t know what happened to the tiger.  He had been close by since before that morning before the creature caused the accident and took her hostage.  She hadn’t seen him since and it had her worried.

Nidhi had spent her days eating unsalted chips when she felt hungry and drinking the cold water when she was thirsty.  She swam in the water stream and sat on the rock in the sun to dry herself and her clothes.  She walked until the chain around her ankle stopped her from going further and everything she did every second of the day was torture because it had to be done because some creature took away her humanity, she was tied up like an animal while the animal ran loose.

Nidhi look for ways out of the chain but she didn’t find any.  She could cut of her leg but that was a little drastic and she would bleed out before she could reach a village for help.  The creature didn’t want her dead otherwise he would have killed her or left her without food and water.  He didn’t though and that gave her hope even though a little piece of her brain said:  ‘Wake up you stupid little girl, he will come back and he will torture you and kill you very slowly.’  Nidhi knew that that was a possibility and she didn’t argue. 

The days were long and Nidhi was restless.  She worried for her friends and she missed their company.  She had no one to talk to so instead she prayed.  Nidhi look for comfort in her religion and found that it helped a little.  She prayed to her many gods and it calmed her.  Nidhi found answers to questions she didn’t know she had. 

Nidhi would sit and think about everything that had happened until now, how Ruh came and took her from her family.  She missed her family, especially her father.  Nidhi thought of the days that followed and when she met Arii and then the tiger and the stranger and the three other students that she would have gone to the school with.  Nidhi thought of the beautiful stranger that had helped her more than once and again she thought about the tiger and she wondered where he was.   

It had been three days since she woke up tied to a chain with only water and unsalted chips to eat.  Nidhi missed everyone she knew.