Chapter 6.3

Dedicated to ikiya5.

The chapters are getting longer here when possible.

 Part 3 of 6

Nidhi was dreaming of a handsome young man when Arii tapped her on the shoulder.  They have been on the road again since dawn and Nidhi was fed up.  The three day trip had turned into a six day trip.  First Nidhi got sick and they lost two days there and then the tree blocked their way and they had lost half a day. 

Arii said that they would arrive at her village just after night fall and Nidhi would have to spend two nights in Arii’s village.  Nidhi was happy when she heard that, she wasn’t ready to say goodbye to Arii yet.

“You have been smiling a lot since last night.  May I know what makes you so happy?  I hope it is not because I will be leaving you soon?”  Arii looked at Nidhi with confusion but she tried to hide it with a smile.

Nidhi just smiled but couldn’t tell Arii why.  Arii would not understand.  “I will never be happy that you are leaving me.”  That was all that Nidhi said. 

“We were so lucky that that young man had come to help last night.  He was so kind to help.  He said that he was on his way to a village when he was robbed.  They stole his clothes and everything he owned.  He was helped by a stranger who had given him clothes but he didn’t have shoes for him.”

“That is so unfortunate.  What else did he tell you, what did you say his name was?”  Nidhi asked pretending to be dumb. 

“O he told us that he was from a great village and he wanted to return there but he had to find his bride first.  He didn’t tell us his name but he did ask for yours.”  Arii winked at Nidhi. 

Butterflies erupted in Nidhi and she could feel her cheeks warm.  “No he didn’t.”

“He did.  I told him that you were off to a special school.  He wanted to know where you were going, but I couldn’t tell him.” 

“I must have been staring at him for a very long time if he told you all of that.”  It was out before she realised what she said.

“So he is the reason why you have been smiling.”  Arii said and started to laugh. 

Nidhi looked out and saw that the sun was setting.  “Are we almost at your village?” 

“Don’t be sad Nidhi.  We have another day before we have to say goodbye.”  Arii tried to hide the sadness in her voice.

“He looked kind of funny in the clothes that didn’t fit him as it was supposed to.”  Nidhi saw him in her mind again as he was when she saw him a day ago.  She couldn’t believe a day has passed since she saw him last.

“Yes he did.”  Arii said with a longing smile.