Chapter 6.5

Dedicated to JustMe_0017

Part 5 of 6

They had arrived at Arii's village just as the sun had set and in the distance Nidhi heard a growl and she knew that the tiger was close. She had missed him but she was also scared because of the dream she had after she saw him the last time.

Nidhi looked at her surroundings and she liked what she saw. The village was cosy and very neat and clean. The main building that served as a temple was in the middle and to the left was where celebrations were held and to the right was where the villagers would work during the day making fabrics, furniture and fresh food products like cheese and cream. In the centre of the u shape was where they would set up stalls to sell the items they made and produced.

On each side of the temple were passages that led to the school that was situated behind the temple and two impressive buildings that Nidhi didn't know the use of flanking the school. Behind that in a half moon shape the homes of the rest of the villagers with the richest in the middle closest to the main area and the rest further away.

Nidhi saw the children gathering around them and even though they didn't make a sound in her presence, she could tell that they were excited to see Arii. Nidhi looked at the villagers gathered in the square; they were all dressed in bright saree's or salwar outfits. The styles were modern and very beautiful.

She followed Arii as she walked through the passage to the right of the temple. There was a fountain between the temple and the school and it was something that Nidhi have never seen. She had seen fountains before but nothing like this. It was as if out of a fairytale. It had three levels, the first was the base of the fountain and it looked like the outline of a flower and probably ten feet wide, the second level was just a round shallow bowl and the third was the most beautiful. The third level had a flat round surface and on it was a Indian princess and in her arms was a baby tiger and the water flowed from the platform she was standing on.

"Beautiful, isn't it? It is the fountain of peace. The Indian princess is the human race and the tiger the most unlikely friend. The water is the peace that flows to the rest of the world." Arii explained.

"I like it but is that the real story or is it what you were told?" Nidhi asked and she felt bad when it sounded rude.

"That is the story we know, why do you ask?"

"No reason just curious."

Arii walked again and Nidhi followed. They were on route to the building to the right of the school. Arii stood in front of the door and knocked softly. A few seconds later the door opened and Arii signalled for Nidhi to follow. They entered the building and once inside Nidhi saw that it was a home. From where Nidhi stood she could see all the usual rooms like the dining and living room. Further back was a kitchen and to her right stairs that led to the bedrooms. Arii followed the older woman up the stairs and when they reach the top the old woman turned left.

Nidhi couldn't believe how beautiful the home was and the size of it. There were six bedrooms and when the older lady stopped and opened a door and Arii said it was Nidhi's, she couldn't believe it. It was huge and had an en suite. The room had the usual, a double bed and a side table on each side. There was a small vanity table with a mirror and a small round table with two chairs. The windows had colourful curtains that matched the bedding and the carpet was soft and matched the cream and gold on the walls.

"This room is wow. It is huge and the colours are so vibrant and surprisingly calming. The red orange yellow and pink colour relaxes me. Who would have thought." Nidhi said as she walked through the room. She opened the bathroom door and was amazed at the decor. "I think I am going to take a bath if you don't mind."

"No go ahead I think your things will be here in a minute and while you wait for it you can fill the bath so long." Arii left and Nidhi heard the bedroom door close.

Nidhi was so busy looking at the beauty of the place that she forgot to ask Arii how much time she had before dinner. She ran out of her room and saw Arii at the bottom of the steps and ran to her.

"What time is dinner?" Nidhi asked out of breath.

"O I forgot to tell you. There will be no dinner just unsalted chips and a little fruit with water. It is a day of fast for the village because tomorrow is the day of Peace. That is why you stay here for two nights."

Nidhi was starving and unsalted chips were so unappealing, the fruits she didn't mind, but she would fast with the locals. She saw Ruh and she signalled him to follow her with her bags. When Ruh left she got out what she would need for her bath and went to the bathroom.