Chapter 7.6

THis chapter has some Nidhi and beautiful straanger time and some Nidhi and Tiger time.  Hope you like it and check out my new story THE SECRET LIFE OF A CHEERLEADER.  Thanks.

Part 6 of 7

Nidhi stood in front of the big house and felt her heart breaking.  Ruh and Nidhi had arrived at the house a few minutes ago and found it in flames.  The owner and his wife who was supposed to give them food and shelter for the night was now standing next to Nidhi and Ruh watching their house burn to the ground.  There was nothing anyone could do.  They had gone to their neighbour and when they returned they found their house engulfed in flames.

Nidhi watched them as they watched their house burn and she felt so sorry for them.  She wanted to comfort them but didn’t know how.  A truck with a few people had arrived and they brought buckets and with water they tried to put the fire out. 

Three very long hours later only black walls and ashes were left of a once beautiful house.  It was an hour before sunset and Nidhi helped the owners sort through the rubble trying to find stuff that was still usable.  Nidhi hated seeing people suffer and this was something she would suffer from.  Imagine losing everything you have work so hard for.  They had lost everything dear to them. 

Nidhi was digging in the rubble when she felt a hand on her arm.  She turned around and saw golden brown eyes looking back at her.  She didn’t think that she would see him again so soon.  “Hallo.”  Nidhi didn’t know what else to say and just stared at him.

He nodded to her and waved his hand a little.  They stood there awkwardly looking at their feet.  Nidhi would look at him and when he felt her gaze on him he would look at her and she would look away.  They stood there looking and not looking at each other for a few minutes and when the sun was about to set, he waved to her and disappeared into the woods. 

How strange was this?  How was it possible that she only saw him just before sunset and he was always close by?  She wished that he would forget the talking rule and talk to her.  She hated that no one talked to her and that because of a stupid rule. 

Nidhi and Ruh had spent the night by the burned down house.  She was asleep next to a small fire and Ruh was there sitting and watching.  The tiger had decided to come and see that they were okay and when Ruh saw him, he did nothing.  The tiger went to lie down behind Nidhi and with one last look at Ruh he lay his head down on his paws.  Nidhi woke and saw the tiger lying close to her and snuggled into him.  With her fingers in his fur Nidhi went back to sleep.

Nidhi woke when she heard a scary noise.  She looked to see if the tiger was still next to her but he wasn’t, he was standing a few feet away from her and a few more feet further was the creature she had ran from the day before.  She looked to where she had seen Ruh last but he wasn’t there.  She looked around her and found him to the left of the tiger. 

Ruh was grateful that the tiger was there.  The creature came closer and the tiger growled again.  Nidhi got up and moved towards the tiger and Ruh.  The tiger saw her coming closer and stepped between her and the creature.  He pushed Nidhi back but she didn’t want to.  Nidhi knew she could scare off the creature, there was just one problem, she didn’t know how.