Chapter 5.5

Dedicated to AthiraPanikar

Hi all.  So i changed a few names.  Rash / Rach to Raj.  And the sisters Sashni and Vashni to Sashi and Vashnie.  I guess the last one is just spelling.

Photo on the side Raj.

Part 5 of 5

Nidhi had tried very hard to forget the nightmare but it was hard when you had nothing to do but sit in bed the whole day. Arii had said that they would spend another night here at the hotel and be on their way again tomorrow morning. The delay was not something that Arii had planned for and that made her angry.

“Nidhi you should come down for dinner seeing that you are feeling better.” Arii said with a motherly tone. “You should dress properly because other guests have booked in and dinner will be served in the big dining room.” Arii’s voice sort of changed into that of a young woman who was talking to her best friend about a boy she thought would be good for her friend. “I heard a good looking young man has booked in this morning. The girls that had seen him can’t stop talking about him.”

“Are you trying to find me a husband?” Nidhi said in a mock tone.

“No, never, it is not my place to find you a husband I am just interested to see what the fuss is about.” She scolded Nidhi.

Arii left and Nidhi went to take a bath. She didn’t stay in the bath too long and got out as soon as she was done. Nidhi dressed into a semi formal salwar and kemees set and she took up some of her long hair and left the rest down. She didn’t bring her curling iron because her mom said that she wouldn’t be able to use it without electricity and here she has electricity. She has had electricity in every one of the homes and hotels she had stayed in since she left home.

Nidhi got angry at the thought that she could have had her phone with her all this time, but her mom probably decided that she shouldn’t take it for some reason just to spite her. Nidhi was missing her friends so much and she just wanted to talk to them, tell them about everything she had been doing.

Nidhi looked once more in the mirror and left her room. She got to the stairs and saw Ruh waiting for her. Arii came out of her room a second later and the three of them walked down the steps to the dining room together.

“Ah Nidhi. I would like you and your party to meet a few of our other guests.” The owner of the hotel said and led them to the rest of the guests. “This is two sisters from a villages to the north, Vashnie and Sashi. They are also going to the school you are going to. This is Raj and he is also a fellow student.” He pointed to the young man.

“Pleased to meet all of you, my name is Nidhi. These are my chaperone’s Arii and Ruh.”