Chapter 9.2

Dedicated to love4ipkknd.

Part 2 of 6

 Nidhi and Arii had travelled on after an hour of rest.  They had been on the road again for three hours and the sun told Nidhi that it was noon.  “How far do we have to go still?”  Nidhi asked Arii.  She felt tired and hungry.   

“Another hour or so, it is not far anymore.  We should be there at around two.”  Arii said and Nidhi saw how tired Arii was.

“We can rest if you need to.  I had days to rest and you have been looking for me for days, you must be tired.” 

Arii shook her head.  “No I am good.  As long as we don’t run into that creature we will be okay.”  Arii said and looked around her for any sign of danger.

 Nidhi walked in silence again and thought of the tiger and hoped that he was okay.

“You are worried about the tiger aren’t you?”

“Yes, I think I need to go look for him, but I don’t know where to look.” 

“Ruh would be able to help, if he could feel him he will be able to find him.  We should get to the village and from there we can gather a search party and look for him.  I am sure we will find him soon.”  Arii said with confidence.

“Yes I hope we will.  I feel like something is missing without him close by.  I don’t think too many people would be a good idea though, maybe just Ruh and me.”  Nidhi knew Arii didn’t like the tiger.

“Why don’t you want me with you?”  Arii asked and Nidhi could hear the hurt in her voice.

“It is just that you don’t like him and your friend was killed by a tiger.  I don’t want to put you through that.”  Nidhi said trying to comfort her.

“I will tell you the story and then you might understand but he saved you according to Ruh and I am grateful to him for that.”  Arii went on and told Nidhi the story of how she met Ranveer and everything up to the dream she had where she promised to become a protector and keep the people safe. 

Nidhi listened to every word and felt Arii’s love and pain as Arii told her the story.  When Arii was done they were both in tears and comforted each other.  They stood there for a few minutes and when they were both calm again continued with their journey. 

An hour later Nidhi saw people on the road and it looked like they were getting closer to civilization.  A few minutes after that Nidhi saw homes and children playing around.  She was so happy seeing other people that she didn’t notice when she walked into the village.  She saw kids running to them and people gathering.

Nidhi saw Ruh and ran to him as fast as she could.  He hugged her tight and minutes later they were surounded by all the villagers.  Once again Nidhi was met by silence but she could see the relief on all the faces that she was there.  Arii and Ruh walked on either side of Nidhi as they walked to one of the homes.  Once inside the home Arii introduced Nidhi to the owners and showed her her room.  Nidhi saw all her things once inside and was so happy. 

She decided to take a much needed shower before dinner.  Nidhi got out her clothes and bath products and went to the bathroom joint to her bedroom.  Nidhi soaked in the bath and fell asleep minutes later.  When Nidhi woke a while later her water was cold and Nidhi got out and dressed.