Chapter 2.5

Dedicated to xCherry_blossomx

Outfit on the side.

Part 5 of 5

It was a new day and Nidhi woke up earlier than she would back at home. Maybe it was the fresh air and not the stuffy air from the city. She got out of bed and saw a salwar hanging on the door. It was beautiful and Nidhi ran towards it. It was in different shades of red and beige and really beautiful. The pants were loose fitting at the top and were tighter ant the end. The knee length dress top had short sleeves and was also loose fitting with the most beautiful chiffon scarf. She looked around the room for her bag but didn’t find it. She saw a chest of drawers and found her underwear neatly packed in the first two drawers. She took what she needed and ran to the bathroom to wash and change.

Back in her room Nidhi went to the mirror and with awe she saw a beautiful girl. She turned to see who was standing there but there was no one. She moved her hand in front of the mirror and the girl in the mirror moved hers too. Nidhi felt the tears running down her cheeks and wiped them away and the beautiful girl in the mirror also wiped her tears. “How was this even possible?”

“It has always been you Nidhi, you are beautiful but you always refused to see it.” A woman said in a motherly tone.

Nidhi turned around to look at the woman standing in the door. “But what has changed?”

“Your mother always chose your clothes and you never felt beautiful in the clothes she chose so you didn’t see yourself.” The woman said with a smile.

“Why would no one talk to me and why am I here? I have so many questions. What is your name?” Nidhi was shacked and so many questions flowed through her mind.

“My name is Arii and I am here to help you with your self discovery. No one here will talk to you because they are not allowed. But they will listen and help where they can.” Arii came closer to Nidhi and turned her back to the mirror. With her hand on Nidhi’s shoulder Arii smiled at Nidhi and she couldn’t help but return the smile. “You have a destiny to fulfill but you also have a long and hard road ahead of you.”