Chapter 9.1

Dedicated to star2sapphire.

Hallo friends.  I am so sorry about Monday when i uploaded so late.  It will not happen again.  i have preloaded my chapters so i can upload anywhere.  Tghanks to everyone for their support reading commenting and voting.  It feels good when someone think your work is worth something.  Enjoy.  :)

Part 1 of 6

Nidhi dreamed of her tiger and how he ran to her where she was sitting next to the water stream.  She saw his shiny fur breath as he ran to her.   She was happy to see him and she waited for him with a smile, but she suddenly turned afraid when her tiger changed into the creature.  It ran towards her snarling and ready to attack her any second.  Nidhi started running but the chain kept her in one place and she couldn’t move.  The creature jumped …

Nidhi woke with a scream and fell of the bed. She hid her head on the rocky floor and lost consciousness.

“Wake up Nidhi; I am here to save you.”  Arii said close to Nidhi’s ear.  “You need to wake up.  I can’t carry you out of here.”  Arii sprinkled water on Nidhi’s face.  “Come on Nidhi.  We are losing daylight.  We need to get out of here before the creature comes back and Ruh is very worried about you.  He is worried about your tiger too.  He says that he hasn’t seen him since the morning before the accident.”

Nidhi opened her eyes and saw her friend Arii kneeling by her side.  She blinked twice and tears ran down her cheek.  Nidhi cried because she was relieved and happy and sad all at the same time.  “Arii?”  Nidhi grabbed her around the neck and held on to her.  “How did you know where to find me?”

“That is not important now; let’s get out of here before that creature comes back.”  Arii said with urgency in her voice. 

“He doesn’t come here.  I haven’t seen him since the day of the accident, it has been six days and I have been here all alone.  He left me with food and an extra set of clothes but I am still chained, please get it off me Arii.”  Nidhi pleaded.  She felt like an animal with the chain around her ankle. 

“Don’t worry.  I will take it off but then we have to go.  We need to get back to the village before the sun sets.”  Arii used a small tool and opened the lock. 

Nidhi tossed the chain to the side as soon as she was free from it.  She looked at Arii and saw something in her eyes that she had never seen before.  Arii looked at peace.  “You look different Arii.  You look like you are at peace, did something happen?”

“I will tell you once you are safe and away from here.”  Arii grabbed her hand and they ran from the cave and the water stream and everything that Nidhi had seen for the last six days.  They ran as fast as they could and Nidhi didn’t once look back.  They ran for hours until they reached a small house. 

The house looked deserted and neglected.  Arii walked in and sat down in an unfurnished bare room.  Nidhi decided to look through the rest of the house but Arii called her back.

“Nidhi you should come and sit here.  It is not safe and we need to talk.”  Arii patted the floor next to her and Nidhi sat down.  “Ruh had told me about everything since you left my village and I don’t know what to make of it.  He said that he trusts the tiger and he sees a bond between you.  I have bad news for you.”

Nidhi looked at the floor and back to Arii.  “He is not dead.  I can feel it.  We have some sort of a connection and I can feel that he is still here somewhere, I just need to find him.”

“No one has seen him and Ruh haven’t felt him since the morning of the accident.  Do you think the creature did something to him?”  Arii asked and for once she didn’t cringe when she mentioned the tiger. 

“I don’t know, but it is possible.  What changed with you?  You are different.”  Nidhi asked even though she would rather find her tiger.  Nidhi was very worried about him.  “How did you find me?”

The day after you left I had a dream about the creature and someone whom I loved a very long time ago.  He told me that you were in danger and he took me to the cave where you were held, where I found you, it all happened in my dream.  The next day I left my village and found Ruh with a friend that had found him and was taking him to the village where you were supposed to go.  He told me everything and I came to find you. 

“Who is the one that showed you in the dream?”  Nidhi was curious.

“He was a hunter and a protector.  He was the reason that I became a protector and I thought he had left me but when I got the dream I knew he was still with me.  I loved him and he is the reason why I will never be able to love someone else.  He was my soul mate.”  Arii said as she wiped a tear from her cheek. 

“What happened to him?”

“He was killed by a tiger.”