Ch 6

"You shouldn't have left him Guts."

Guts rolled his eye as he transversed the sleeping city. Merlin had been nagging him for the past few hours about how rude it was taking the Beheilt and leaving Vargas alone. There was only a few hours till first light, and Guts needed a safe spot to prepare himself.

"He saved you, remember?" She spoke, floating backwards as she looked him in the eye. "You might have been captured had if not been for him......he even gave you the Beheilt willingly! The least you could've done is make sure he gets somewhere safe."

"Since when do you care about people? Where's the Merlin who gave a blank smile when a soldier was injured and begged for aid?" Merlin went to speak but stopped herself, watching as Guts smiled. He tossed the Beheilt up into the air and catching it. "I could have made sure he was safe myself......but I wouldn't know about the passage or the Beheilt without him. I would have taken it by force if need be."

"But both of you wanna kill the Count, right?!" Merlin frowned at Guts as she put a hand on his nose. The swordsman looked down at her with irritation. "So that means you two are allies."

"HA! Allies, me and him?!" Guts laughed before swatting Merlin away. He smiled at Merlin cruelly. "Even when that maggot begged me, I turned down that pathetic excuse of a man. I can't be bothered by some good-for-nothing bastard, acting like we're friends. He'll just end up dragging me down with him." Guts took three steps forward before looking over his shoulder, smirking at Merlin. "That goes for you too.....bug."

"Alright, I've asked way to many times! WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU?!?!?!" Merlin shouted at the swordsman, his eye widened before relaxing. She gritted her teeth as she flew forward, pressing her finger against his cheek like a scolding mother. "YOU'VE BEEN NOTHING BUT A HUGE DICK EVER SINCE WE REUNITED!!!! WHAT HAPPENED TO YOU?! WHERE ARE THE OTHERS: LANCELOT, GASTON, MORDRED, KAY, ECTOR, AR—GAH!!"

Merlin gasped as Guts grabbed her body, leaving only her head sticking out. She yelped in pain as he began to squeeze her. She heard him growl as he squeezed her, opening an eye to see him glaring down at her.

"Since when does a woman get the idea to back talk me?" He whispered in a growling voice as Merlin continued to scream, not caring if any guards were alerted of they're presence. "You used to be a powerful mage. But now look at yourself, you are nothing but a shell of you're former self. Like I told you three months ago, I thought I could use you......but now your nothing more than an emotional baggage of uselessness that most women are. I should've—!"

"AH!!!!!"

Merlin shouted out as a snap sounded out. Guts let her go, letting the fairy float in place. Merlin cried as she held her left arm, the bones broken from the pressure Guts applied. It could easily be fixed, but it didn't change the fact that it hurt.

"F—Fuck you Guts!" Merlin whimpered as she held her arm. She couldn't keep taking this, not with the darkness that had consumed Guts, or his rude personality. She was going to leave, she was going to leave him and risk her life trying to find......Merlin stopped whimpering and slowly looked at Guts. "Huh?"

Guts stood there, looking at his hand. The fingers twitching as the arm began to shake. He stared at it for a long time, his breathing nearly coming to a halt. He slowly brought his hand up and held his face, his eye peeking out between two of his fingers. He was acting.....different. He mumbled something under his breath, something Merlin couldn't make out.