Ch 27

"Geez Guts. It feels like when you show interest in a woman you can't help but kidnap them."

Merlin spoke as she looked down at the unconscious maiden. She was a beauty, even when she was unconscious. Guts had positioned the maiden in front of him after nearly dropping her. They had made quite some distance from the camp, which was now being attacked by Homunculus sent by the Fae. How Guts tricked them into attacking the knights was beyond her.

"But seriously, setting the Horses on fire?" Merlin felt her eye twitch as she jumped onto Jeanne's back and looked up at the swordsman. "Who do you need to thank for you getting this far?"

".......the horse."

"Then apologize to the horse!" Merlin growled as she tapped her foot on the armor beneath her feet.

".......sorry horse." Guts decided to amuse the fairy as he rode forward. Not the direction he needed to go, but he'd fix that come morning. The path to Ireland will be a long one. Upon hearing a certain person groan, Guts looked down at Jeanne and smiled as she began to wake up. When she lifted her head and saw him, her eyes widened and she began to shake, realizing her hands were tied up. "Hey, stop that! If you keep that up you'll be dead when you hit the rocks."

"Hey, don't worry so much." Merlin spoke as she flew down in front of Jeanne's face. The virgin's eyes widened upon seeing the fairy, who remained oblivious to Jeanne's looks as she looked up at Guts. "Big guy isn't going to—?!"

"As the holy maiden chosen by God I, Jeanne D'arc, demand that you release me at once!" Jeanne shouted at the swordsman. How did this happen, how did he escape and sneak through the camp? Merlin hummed as she turned to Guts, scratching her head. "Do this and I give you my word no harm will come after your arrest!"

"Hm, like how you promised not to touch me before you decided to attack me?" Guts smirked as the maiden frowned. Jeanne changed her gaze to Merlin, the fairy still floating in front of her. "Be careful, that's one of my minions. She's a real demon when I sick her on someone."

"A.....Demon?" Jeanne spoke as she eyed Merlin. The fairy gasped and flared up at Guts, throwing a small pebble at the man. If this was a demon. "W-what do you plan to do too me?"

"Hm......." Guts thought about telling her the truth, she was just a hostage to ensure his safety till he got far away from the Orlean knights. She would be let go when he got far enough away. But no, Guts smirked as he rested his prosthetic on the maiden's rear. Jeanne gasped with a blush, staring up at the man with wide eyes. "I'm sure I can find you a purpose...."

'Oh god.......' Jeanne looked at the ground and began struggling against the swordsman. No, she couldn't let that fear get to her. She was Jeanne D'arc, chosen maiden of God who was destined to fight the darkness. She would fight even as she remained bound.

Guts was forced to slow the horse down so Jeanne wouldn't be hurt. Although he wouldn't mind seeing that face get crushed by rocks. He growled as he placed his prosthetic on her back in order to hold her down. Maybe playing that joke would cost him more time. He gasped as Jeanne somehow brought her legs up and trapped his neck between her ankles. She pulled down with amazing force, pulling him off the horse as she followed him down. Merlin watched the tied up virgin fighting against her captor, the horse running off before coming to a stop a good distance away. Guts growled as stood up, Jeanne rolling off his back. Guts was prepared to rush the woman but stopped, slowly reaching up to his brand and felt blood flowing.

"Guts...." Merlin called out, flying down to the man and leaned against his neck.

"......I know."

.
.
.
.
.

Just as Jeanne opened her eyes, she was greeted by the disturbing sight of a large, dark face in front of her. It's body was dark and translucent, moving like smoke as it brought it's two hands up to her face. Just as it closed in, a giant blade impaled the creature. It evaporated in smoke and left into the dark sky. Jeanne followed the blade upwards as it left the ground and rested on the swordsman's shoulder. He had saved her?

"Take a good look." Jeanne looked up at the swordsman, who smirked as he stared down the spirits. Jeanne turned to the spirits and stared as well, their ghastly appearances unsettling to the woman as their was something.....evil about them. "God is putting on a show for us. A miracle on earth."

'God......?' Jeanne thought to herself as the spirits cackled menacingly in the dark sky, smiling down at the two. The sound of barking drew their attention. In the distance, a pack of wild dogs were barking aggressively. Jeanne yelped as Guts grabbed her long hair and yanked her up to her feet.

"Tower of conviction, that's where you said Morgan would be?" Jeanne was to busy watching the wolf dogs to answer Guts's question. The spirits descended onto the dogs and she watched as they crawled in the canines. She watched as the pack of dogs slowly became bigger, their faces looking more human and the teeth becoming sharper. "Hey, listen to me!"

"N-no way....." Jeanne ignored the pain she felt from Guts pulling on her hair, instead watching as the Dogs started to growl more demonically. She still had her sword. But she was horrified by the creatures appearances, so much that she swore she could hear them laughing. "God.......God would never—!"

"—Never allow this?" She heard Guts chuckle as he let go of her hair and began to walk forward. "That's why.....it's called a miracle."

The dogs leapt at the swordsman, ready to tear him apart limb from limb. Jeanne watched as the man swung his blade once, destroying the canines with incredible ease.

"FLESH! GIVE FLESH!!!!!"

"AH!!!!" Jeanne stepped to the side as the head of one of the demonic dogs came at her. Acting on pure instinct, she brought her heeled boot down onto the twisted creature's head, crushing it as blood splattered. She turned to the swordsman, the survival instinct all humans had kicking in. "Quick, untie me! We need to fight together!"

"Heh, no chance. Don't want you stabbing me in the back. Although, I won't stop you from using one of those holy lines your people love." Guts laughed as he cleaved through more demonic dogs. Jeanne watched as he did so fearlessly. As more Dogs came out of the darkness, he chuckled. "Like Dear God."

End.

Short chapter, sorry. I've been feeling a little sick as of late. Thought I'd publish this tiny bit for you guys.

Criticism is welcome.

Hope you enjoyed.

Have a good day/night.