Ch 46

'Well this looks like a bad guy hideout.'

Gudako thought to herself as she looked down from her hiding spot inside a cave, watching as cultists were gathered below. The same cultists that dragged Nina and MoMo off from the camp grounds. The young mage felt a need to keep an eye on the two, they looked over her when she was sick and she needed to return the favor. She'd help them and then set on her own way, she needed to get back too Chaldea.

"Hey kid, been wandering where you were."

Gudako contained a yelp and turned around, spotting Merlin. The fairy that would only let her eat bugs for weeks floated there with a smile on her face. Oh she was not happy to see her right now, but Gudako returned her focus to the cultists below, hoping to spot Nina and MoMo. The fairy annoyingly landed on the girl's shoulder and pulled her ear.

"What's wrong kid?" Merlin 'whimpered' as she tugged on the earlobe of the Asian woman. "You don't look happy to see me."

"Of course I'm not happy to see you, you kidnapped me!" Gudako whispered with a hiss at the fairy as she watched the bonfire in the middle of the cultists increase in size and heat. "You left me in the middle of nowhere and told me to keep going straight! I ought a—what?!"

Gudako's mouth went agape when the cultists parted and a group of them walked forward, naked, carrying a wooden throne with a beautiful blonde, pale skinned, green eyed woman on it. Gudako had only seen this face in Chaldea but this one looked older, more mature and yet looked so young and innocent. Merlin's attention turned to the cultists and a small gasp from the fairy told Gudako she knew who it was as well. Mordred Pendragon, bastard son of King Arthur, the rebel who brought an end to Camelot itself, sat there in nothing but a gown and a thorn tiara.

"......kid I'm going to be serious with ya." Merlin sighed as she patted Gudako's ear with a nervous smile. "I'm going to get that hunky stud of mine real quick, so don't let that blonde on the chair die okay?"

"W-wait, what?!" She turned in time too see the fairy fly off into the dark cavern tunnel. "What about Nina?"

"What about Nina?"

Merlin mocked as she flew through the tunnels, her voice echoing towards the foreign lady. Gudako sighed before turning back towards the cultists below, making sure MoMo still survived. That, or she'd be eaten alive by the 'Hunky Stud' Merlin calls her friend.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

"EVERYONE!!!!!! TONIGHT IS A HOLY NIFHT TO REMEMBER!!!!!"

The head cultist, dressed in a black robe and holding a staff with a crucified bird on it, an item to further connect him with the goddess. He waved his staff around as Mordred was being paraded around in the throne. He looked upon his flock, everyone nude and watching him with interest, a corrupted version of what a church should be.

"AS ALL OF YOU MAY KNOW: THE STONE PILLAR IN THE TOWER OF CONVICTION IS NO LONGER POTENT NOR SIGNIFICANT! IT HAS NO POWER TO EVEN MANIFEST A SINGLE MYSTERY!" The 'father' cried out to his flock looking at all of them with sweat pouring down his face and into his beard. "INSTEAD IT HAS BECOME NOTHING BUT A SHELL OF ITS FORMER SELF, LODGING THE QUEEN AND THE FRENCH FOREIGNERS SHE DARES ALLOW THEM TO SET FOOT ON SUCH HOLY GROUND! ITS BECOME NOTHING MORE THAN AN ATTEMPT TO CONTROL AND OPPRESS US WHEN THE PLAGUE ARRIVED! BUT WE ARE AWARE OF THE ONE TRULY DESERVING REVERENCE, THE ONE POSSESSING POWER!!!!!!!"

The flock of cultists all looked up at Mordred as she was paraded around. The lady was unaware of what was going on, confused but these people seemed happy to see her. "THE PALE WITCH!" The flock roared as they cried tears of joy, men and women alike. Some even had boners upon seeing her, but no one paid heed as they were more focused on their savior.