Ch 32

"Are you sure you are fine, Jeanne?"

Jeanne looked up upon hearing the question. She looked around and remembered where she was, breathing a sigh of relief. She was riding in a wagon, pulled by the knights of her order. Aizen was driving, wanting to be by Jeanne's side till they reached their destination. But Aizen's question confused Jeanne, making the woman tilt her head at her old friend. Aizen looked over his shoulder and sighed.

"Luck has not been so kind to us as of lately." Aizen spoke as he looked at the other wagons behind them, carrying the wounded and the deceased. Any able bodied knights were required to ride on horseback in armor, in order to provide a defensive wall in case bandits should attack. "When we found you a month ago, you were pale with white hair and armor black as night!"

"Oh........" Jeanne hummed slowly. She looked down at her body, observing her armor. It's blue and silver colors were still present. She grabbed her hair and pulled it into sight, seeing blonde locks. Putting the sword back, she pulled out the small cross in her satchel and stared at it.

"I must ask........did the Black Swordsman do that?" Aizen asked as he kept hold on the horses reigns. Jeanne looked up at the sky, it was going to be cloudy today, just as it always been ever since her encounter with the Swordsman. "If so, then you returning to your true self is a testament to your faith! I thought you scarred with those colors, but before my eyes you slowly returned to normal!"

"Yeah......normal." Jeanne hummed as she shook her head. She didn't need that encounter with the swordsman to mark her forever. She was Jeanne D'arc, God's chosen and one of the few female warriors to be respected by all, she could bounce back from that encounter. Jeanne looked forward, spotting their destination. A huge tower, bigger than any castle Jeanne had ever seen. It was incredibly old, probably older than most of the church itself, but stood tall as it did menacing. Around the base of the tower was multiple tents that stretched for miles, and looking closely, she could spot peasants still arriving upon wagons and horseback with their families. "........The Tower of Conviction."

Aizen nodded his head before another convoy merged with theirs, following behind. Jeanne and Aizen became unease's upon seeing the carriage that the knights let through, along with the other riders that wore bulky armor. The carriage was made of elegant wood and the emblem of a Dragon. It was only upon seeing the emblem that Jeanne calmed herself as well as Aizen, recognizing the emblem as the partner of Orleans. It was the daughter of Uther Pendragon, rightful heir to the throne of Britain, possible descendant of Emperor Gaiseric, the woman who ruled her kingdom with an iron fist: Queen Morgan Pendragon. Yet Jeanne could not see the Queen for the windows were covered by a dark veil.

"DIE MORGAN!!!!!!!!!"

Jeanne was surprised, looking above her on the hilltops. Peasants, armed with crossbows shot their arrows on the unsuspecting convoy. The knights on the wagons covered their wounded comrades with their armored bodies, taking the blows even when some arrows penetrated their armor. The horses of the Riders were startled, kicking before they ran forward. Jeanne and Aizen watched in shock as more peasants emerged from the hilltops, baring torches, pitchforks, axes and machetes. They didn't were any armor, confirming that they were indeed peasants. Jeanne bared her teeth as she grabbed her sword and went to jump off the carriage, but fell backwards upon seeing a horse race past her. She placed a hand over her heart and began gasping before swallowing her fear and jumping off, running to face the attackers. Aizen followed her, leaping off and grabbing his hybrid of a staff and mace.

"FOR MY DAUGHTER!!!!!"

"MY SON.........THIS IS FOR MY FAMILY, YOU WILL PAY!!!!!"