Ch 43

Morgan hummed as she breathed in the morning air, standing atop the Tower of conviction. The grey clouds blocked the sun from fully shining down on the tower, fitting considering what she was having Bluebeard do below to the peasants. With all the negative energy radiating off the tortured souls Bluebeard would have enough power to end the plague and the Kushan empire. Gawain and Agravain were also rather helpful, as they should be despite her deeming them 'failures' of her experiments. But they'd be probably be the closest to what she wanted them to be.

'Hm, not showing up my dear swordsman?'

Morgan overlooked the refugee camp with a tinge of sadness in her heart. She made a magical beacon to lure Guts and the remaining loyalists to her, wanting them to believe she wasn't as protected here as she was in Camelot. But in the end she guesses it doesn't really matter, since she'll take the Holy Grail and alter time itself. But part of her wanted to torture Artoria some more and see the hatred Guts had for her one last time, but from Jeanne's description of the man, Morgan would admit it made her core warm at the thought of him. Guts had been going around killing anything and anyone, even some nobles under her command, only sparing a Duke's daughter(Theresa) before going on his spree once more.

The Holy Grail, was new to Morgan. It would also allow her to get the kingdom she wanted, her birthright, and the man Artoria loved without repercussions. She wasn't sure how the wish could effect her, would her present mind inhabit her younger body, or would it alter time on its own? No, she would word it so she could take control.

'But, without Artoria.......' Morgan hummed as she frowned. 'Guts......would never have joined.'

She had not thought about that. Guts was essential for Morgan, something about him attracted her to him. But without Artoria, Guts wouldn't be in the new timeline she wanted. It was her who made Guts the man Morgan was attracted to. The Queen sighed as she rubbed her head. She needed to ask Bluebeard more about the Holy Grail, the caster having more knowledge on the subject. He just appeared one day and claimed she was his master. Merlin was probably the only living mage that resided in this realm that understood what the Grail was other than the Fae, wherever they had hid themselves.

But that day, nearly days after Artoria was rescued, Morgan felt a surge of power through the realm. It felt as though the earth itself was adapting to the power. Whatever it was though, it had yet to reappear. She had took this chance to ally herself with the Holy Order of Orleans in a means to investigate. When she heard about a lake of blood and a prophecy of an antichrist, she didn't hesitate to shift the blame to Guts. Therefore she could have more of her forces tracking the man down.

So on this cold morning, Morgan smiled as she sat down and watched the peasants below work and eat, believing she would save them, yet unaware they were nothing but fuel for a greater cause.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.

"Thank you for the meal!"

Luca watched as the red head foreigner dug into the food before her. Bread and soup being devoured within an instant as the young lady ate away at the food. Nina and MoMo, wrapped in bandages, watched in awe as well. The foreign woman was young with bright red hair Luca had only seen from the Irish, yet shared no similarities with them whatsoever. Her clothing was odd as well, colorful and pretty but not as bright and tight as a noble's.

"Hmm, this is so good~ Way better than those bugs I ate on the trail!" The foreign lady coughed out as she hit her chest. Nina, MoMo, Luca, and the other girls watched in disbelief as the bulge of food in her throat, which should have killed her, forced it's way down the pipe and past her collar bone. The red head clapped her hands together in a prayer and bowed her head too the three women before her. "Thank you so much for the meal! I'm eternally grateful for your sacrifice!!!!!"