Ch 45

"So mister swordsman. MoMo....Mordred, was it?"

Guts turned too Luca as they made their way through the camp, running in a jog. The question snapped Guts out of his deep thought, having been following Luca subconsciously as her hand still held his.

"What are you to her?" Luca questioned as they took a right turn, the girls around Guts followed him like ducklings, constantly huddled around him as if he was a giant teddy bear. "The way you acted, seemingly worried to death about her. Are you a brother, her father maybe?"

"........" Guts remained quiet, unsure how to answer the question. No, he knew the answer. He just wasn't happy with it, even if he didn't have control over it. Merlin stayed on his head, smiling down at Pepe and the other girls with a wave as they stared up at her in awe. "I........"

"Well I'll be......I doubt I've ever seen a man in love before...true love." Luca chuckled before Guts could even give his answer, making him tilt his head at the woman. She only smiled before looking forward. "Since you have a fairy I'm assuming your also friends with a foreign woman?"

"Ah, yes, the ginger!" Merlin laughed from atop his head, answering Luca's question. The fairy laughed deviously as she held onto two strands of Guts's hair, riding him like a horse. "We totally didn't kidnap her and force her to make us food, Guts here is a nice guy after all.....wink-wink~"

Guts growled at the fairy, not wanting her to ruin any chance of him retrieving Mordred. The Queen Morgan Le Fay was here in that tower overlooking the refugee camps, so his time locating Mordred would run out of the alarm was set into motion. Though the swordsman was stuck in a dilemma: make sure Mordred was safe and leave, or go out of his way to enact vengeance upon Morgan. But no, Mordred's safety comes before all else.

"Guts?" Pepe repeated the name, making the swordsman look down at her. Pepe looked at the other girls that repeated the name as well before she looked up at the swordsman and tugged the side of his cloak. "What kind of name is Guts?"

"I.......why would....." Guts sighed, he wasn't going to give them his life story. But as he tried to answer it quickly he turned back to look at the girl with a raised eyebrow. "What kind of name is Pepe?"

"A frog's."

'.....I hate you.' Guts thought to himself, Pepe officially making it on his shit list. The unwanted touching helped with that as she grabbed his arms and squeezed in awe, the other girls doing so as well when they neared the tent.

"So strong...."

"What do you eat...."

"It's like feeling warm stone....."

"GIRLS! Stop molesting him." Luca scolded as they came to a stop. The girls immediately pulled away and did their best to look innocent, whistling a tune or rolling their thumbs. Pepe immediately dashed into the tent, going past Luca. The older female sighed before giving a soft smile. "Sorry about that.....these girls are a curious bunch."

Guts ignored her, instead staring directly at the tent in front of him. 'She's here....' He thought to himself as he stood up straight, mouth slightly open as he waited. He was nervous, scared even. 'Will she be scared of me, more than before?' The realization that he was completely different than last time he saw Mordred hit him like a Warhammer bashing in armor. He was bigger, broader, darker than last time she saw him. Would Mordred even go with him willingly? Or maybe she'd try to kill him, she always did that when he wasn't paying attention, him trying to kill their child making him a top tier threat to the ex-knight. Restraining her would be extremely difficult, her strength far surpassing his.