Ch 11 (UPDATED)

"Eh, talk about tough times."

The leader of the bandits spoke as he and his crew sat around a fire, a giant tree preventing the rain fall from hitting them. The armor on the bandits was not consistent, varying from different pieces of armor.

"Lately there's been nothin worth plundering. And now this rain...." Another bandit spoke out before thunder sounded out in the distance. He sighed, dropping a plate after he got done eating. "Seems ever since Morgan Le Fay started her rule, it's been harder raiding any good targets.......only thing we could nab is that scrawny kid."

Leaning against the tree, on her knees, was a girl in a dress. She was gagged and her hands were tied behind her back. She looked at the men in worry, unsure what would be done to her. One small and scrawny bandit made his way to her, a grin on his face as he closed in. The bandit yelped and fell backwards, the young girl had just kicked him in the nuts when she fell to her side.

"How about this for a spooky tail," The leader spoke, ignoring the Imp complaining about his hurting groin. The leader pointed at the tree behind him with his thumb. "A long time ago, Fae used to inhabit this world before they left, and this tree has some history with them. It's said that this particular group of Fae was of the sadistic sort, capturing any humans they came across. They'd cut the poor lad or lass open and then stake the intestine to the tree. They would then cast a spell on the poor soul, forcing them to run laps around the tree till all of their intestines wrapped around the tree." The other bandits laughed, making the leader point back at the tree. "Don't believe me? Look closely.....don't all those bumps look like human faces to ya?"

The bandits looked and saw tons of stakes impaled into the tree. They were rusted from age, yet still stayed in the trunk of the tree. Bumps had formed along the tree, and they looked almost like the faces of men and women screaming out in agony. The bandit looked over at the impish member of the group, who made his way over to the girl.

"Hehehehe.......Interestin'...." The imp spoke before grabbing the girl's arm and forcing her up to her feet. "Get up bitch."

"Hey Dig, what are you doing?" The leader asked, watching as Dig pushed the girl against the tree.

"Ain't it obvious? Let's try the tree thing....we can always pick up another woman to sell." Dig told them as he stared at the girl, pulling out his knife and licking the blade. "Besides, I wanna see if she can really walk around this tree with her guts nailed to it."

The other bandits didn't seem to care, but watched all the same. The girl yelped as the blade was pressed against her chest before he brought it down, cutting the apron off down the middle before—Dig stopped, an acorn had hit his hand. It didn't fall from the tree either, it was thrown at him.

"W-WAH?! WHO WAS THAT?!" Dig shouted, letting go of the girl and turning to the side. He stared into the darkness, the bandits following his gaze. No response came from the darkness. Dig growled, pointing his knife forward. "Get your ass out here now if ya know what's good for ya!"

Again, no response came from the darkness. Lighting flash from overhead, illuminating the darkness for a time. Dig took a step backwards, realizing how close the observer was.