Ch 9

"Your the bastard who killed Ector!"

Merlin felt her eyes widened as she hid up behind a pillar near the ceiling. Guts's words had made a void in the fairy's heart. Ector was an old man, only a small amount of time was left before old age took him........but he was killed by this?

"REVENGE, IS THAT IT? A MERE MORTAL LIKE YOURSELF CAN NEVER WIN!" The Count spoke with interest before degrading the Swordsman's intelligence. He watched as Guts still struggled just to stand. The Count laughed, pointing a twisted slimy finger at the Struggler. "YOU CAN'T EVEN STAND UP AFTER A SINGLE STRIKE FROM ME. IS REVENGE TRULIY WORTH BEING CONSTANTLY HOUNDED BY DEMONS AND SPIRITS? THERE'S NO NEED FOR YOU TO CONTINUE YOUR WAR OF PAIN AND FEAR......THATS RIGHT, ITS A MEANINGLESS TASK!" The Count spoke as the Swordsman pushed himself onto his knee successfully. "I WILL RELEASE YOU FROM YOUR SUFFERING....I WILL DISPATCH YOU ONCE AND FOR ALL. BACK TO WHERE YOU BELONG: YOUR FINAL RESTING PLACE IN HELL. IT WAS DEEMED THE MOMENT SHE CARVED THAT BRAND INTO YOUR NECK. DIVINE PROVIDENCE CANNOT BE THWARTED........BY A MAN'S EFFORTS!!!" The Count leapt forward, hands on either side of the swordsman, ready to clap his hands and end the Swordsman. "YOU CAN DIE WITH PRIDE SWORDSMAN, KNOWING YOU FOUGHT THE GOOD FIGHT AGAINST IMPOSSIBLE ODDS!"

Guts jumped out of the way, once more landing face first on the ground. Merlin watched in horror as the tendrils shot out of the Count's body, wrapping around Guts's leg. The swordsman was flung back, slamming his back against a stone pillar. Guts spat blood as he was then slammed against the floor. But Guts still held onto DragonSlayer, no matter how much he was hurt. The Count smiled before slamming him through a pillar, the swordsman going through the stone structure as it fell to the ground. The Count let go of Guts, watching as the swordsman laid on the crush pillar, the bandages around his right eye fell off, blood pouring out of the wound. Guts's face was frozen in pain, mouth open and eye wide.

"What are you doing?!" Merlin shouted, flying down to Guts. She landed beside his face and began smacking him. He couldn't be dead. She grabbed his skin and began pouring her mana into him, whatever she had. "What's wrong with you Mr high and mighty! You can't be dead, not yet!!!!"

The Count watched as the mage tried to heal Guts. He smiled, the swordsman was dead and nothing could bring him back. His eyes narrowed as he watched something slip out of Guts's satchel. The Beheilt. The Count laughed. The swordsman had just saved him the trouble of looking for it. He reached a tendril out to grab it.

"No way freak!"

Merlin shouted, quickly grabbing the Beheilt and flew into the air. She looked down at him and stuck out her tongue before flying away. If what Guts said was true, she wasn't going to let the Count have the Beheilt. The Count chased after her, smashing through stone pillars with ease as he chased her. She dodged ever tendril that came her way, hoping to make her way to the door. She failed, a piece of stone from the pillars breaking apart and hit her square on the head, making her crash. The Count looked down at the fairy, ready to squish her.

"AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!"

The Count's eyes widened, his heart nearly stopping upon hearing the scream. A scream he never wanted to hear again. It was from the one he valued the most, the one he wanted to protect at all costs.

"THERESA!"