Ch 22

Rosine sat in the Misty valley, her dress wet and dirty. Her hair was unkept and her face had mud all over it. She's been here for days looking for the fairies, hoping to catch at least a glimpse of the mystical beings. But she had yet to find it, instead fireflies and moths surrounded her.

"ROSINE!"

The little girl looked over her shoulder with a gasp. Her mother and father were coming out of the forest, torches in their hands. The mother cried tears of joy as she dropped her torch onto the dirt ground before running towards her daughter.

"Oh thank god your alive!" The mother cried as she fell to her knees and hugged her child close. "Oh girl you had me so worried! I feared the worst!"

'Why are you.......here?' Rosine questioned in her head. She wanted to hug her mother, embrace the warmth and love that came off the woman. Rosine was starved and dehydrated, yet all she wanted was........she watched as her father approached and stood there, looking down at her with hatred. Her father gently pushed her mother to the side before punching Rosine across the face, making the girl land on her side as her nose began to bleed.

"Of all the stupid things you do....." Her father growled, ignoring his wife's shouting from the sudden attack. Rosine looked back up at her father but did not attempt to stand up. "Do you have any idea how much trouble you caused the villager?! Don't you dare try to humiliate me like that again!!! Now get your ass up, we're going back to the village."

"DEAR!" Her mother protested but was smacked away, the woman hitting the ground. The father grabbed Rosine's long hair and lifted her up, making the girl gasp before he began to smack her repetitively across the face.

"Do you have any idea how long you've delayed the harvest by having us look for you?!" Her father growled before stopping. He turned her around and made her look at the empty valley. "WHERE THERE ANY FAIRIES HERE?!?! THINK ROSINE, THINK!!!! YOU'RE TO FUCKING OLD TO BELIEVE IN THAT CRAP! OR WAS THIS FOR ME, DID YOU DO THIS TO ME BECAUSE I'M NOT YOUR REAL FATHER?!?!?!?!"

'This is wrong.....' She thought in that moment before she was dropped by her father. She looked back and saw her mother trying to fight him, only to be smacked back down by her father. Rosine's blood leaked down her face and onto her chest where her special stone was kept. 'This shouldn't happen in the valley......just go away....' She cried as the stone began to shift into a face, it's eyes slowly opening. 'Everyone just.......go.........AWAY!!!!!!!!!'

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

'I'm sorry.......' Rosine thought to herself as she dragged her body out of the lake and rested on the ground. She had reverted to her 'normal' form, one of her wings missing and a leg severed at the knee. 'Forgive me.....mother......father.....I'm so sorry.' In the end, no matter what evil atrocities Rosine had committed, she was just a scared girl.

"ROSINE!"

"Jill.....?" Rosine hummed. Looking over to the side she saw her only friend running over with Merlin on her shoulder. Rosine gave a light smile as Jill knelt down beside her, gasping upon seeing the apostles wounds. The apostle looked up at the night sky and smiled despite her wounds. "They were right Jill......fairies never lived here in the valley. I waited alone, day after day....but no fairies appeared......they never lived here....."

".....that's not true." Merlin sighed as she hovered down, Jill ignored Rosine's wounds in hopes of maintaining her calmness and whatever sanity she had left. Rosine looked up at the fairy with curiosity. "Fairies used to live here.......I can sense it. But they left......where, who knows? Maybe Avalon, most fairies retreated there when the Fae left."