Ch 44

Nina looked down at the sleeping Gudako, making sure the foreign lady was asleep. She was just another stray Luca thought she could help. A foreigner none the less and one that would draw too many eyes to their tent. MoMo sat in the corner, playing with the clothes the cultists had given her. Luca hasn't returned yet and Nina began to worry before she heard a beard call from outside the tent. A signal. So she got up and walked towards the entrance and opened it to greet her guests. A group of cultists from the cave stood their in disguise, looking rather urgently at her.

"Luca isn't here, is she?" The cultist asked as he looked around the inside of the tent, spotting MoMo wearing the clothes they had gifted her. The cultist quickly bowed his head before turning to Nina. "Nows the time to act! Let us take the witch back too our hideout."

Nina nodded to the cult member before quickly grabbing MoMo's hand. She looked back at the place Gudako was sleeping before closing the tent flap. Nina was scared of the knights around the camp, the murder of Joachim making her more terrified than before. But if she could get rid of MoMo, the witch that Luca chose to harbor, than the knights wouldn't pay heed to little ol' Nina. Gudako wouldn't be a problem, most of the camp would have her killed on sight because of her physical differences. But hiding a foreigner would be easier than hiding a witch. So they followed the group through the camp and towards a hill where another group of cultists stood, one holding a staff with a crucified crow on it.

Unknown to Nina, someone was following her.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

"NO, LET ME GO! I HAVEN'T DONE ANYTHING WRONG!!!!"

Pepe struggled against the ropes around her wrists. She kept fighting as she was practically dragged by the horseman in front of her. The refugees watched as the girl was being dragged away, looks of terror but also struggle on their faces, too scared to intervene. The girl fell to her knees and was dragged through the mud but she still fought, tears streaming down her eyes.

"Shut up! There was an indictment!" The horseman dragging her spoke loudly through his well maintained helmet. "You can speak in your defense at trial!"

"NO, NO, NOOO!!!! YOU FIEND!" Pepe shouted as she got back on her feet and planted her heels on the ground, making a trail through the mud. She was scared out of her mind. Had other prostitutes gotten jealous simply because people started giving MoMo gifts at Luca's? "I'LL BE RAPED! I'LL BE KILLED! OH GOD!"

WHIP!

"AH!"

"I swear you commoners are all the same...." A horseman spoke from behind as Pepe fell to the ground after an attack from his whip, leaving a cut on her back that reached her shoulder and waist. The horseman leading the tied girl stopped and looked back at his comrade, troubled from the sudden attack. "YOU RABBLE DELIGHT IN NOTHING MORE THAN SMILING AT OTHERS MISFORTUNE BEHIND THEIR BACKS, LOOKING DOWN ON ALL YOU CONSIDER INFERIOR!!!!" The man shouted as he unleashed a barrage of attacks on the girl, tearing her dress with every blow he inflicted upon her. "WHEN CALAMITY FALLS YOU, YOU ALONE POSSES PURE HEARTS AND CLEAN HAND! YOU ACT LIKE CHILDREN BELIEVING YOURSELVES FAULTLESS! YOU CALL UPON THE NAME OF OUR LORD WITHOUT REFLECTING UPON YOUR SINS!"

"AAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!" Pepe shouted as she curled up in the mud, protecting her face as the whip descended upon her. Blood soaked into her clothes and the mud beneath her as no one showed signs of helping her. "PLEASE—GAH—STOP IT!!!!!!"