Ch 38

"Just stay right there MoMo....."

Nina told the the bandaged girl as they came by the river near the outskirts of the camp. The two were alone as they walked over the stone pebbles down near the stream, MoMo not minding the rough surface that she walked on. The hidden beauty even crushed some rocks on accident when she walked. But following the light blonde's orders, MoMo sat down on the biggest rock she could find. Nina had several buckets that needed to be filled, and MoMo was strong enough to carry most of them with relative ease. So she watched Nina step into the stream and slowly filled the buckets with water.

"MoMo....." she muttered her own name, the only word she's been able to say. She looked up at the Tower of conviction, the humongous structure overlooking everything. She then felt a pain in her breast, nothing to painful, it tickled really. She looked around before setting her gaze further down the stream at the grassy fields beside it. She could see further than most and narrowed her eyes to get a good look. She watched as several corpses, flesh torn in various areas and clothing torn to pieces, as the slowly began crawling towards her through the grass field. She looked at Nina, the girl oblivious to what was happening that far down the stream.

"Though I prayed......"

"Anguish....."

"I still prayed......"

"Pain....."

The corpses spoke silently as they slowly dragged themselves. Their voices were to quiet and far away for Nina to hear. MoMo could hear them, but couldn't make sense of it as she was to focused on the thing hiding across the stream, in the cracks of the ground as two dark orange eyes stared out of the darkness. If the thing was aware that she knew of it's presence, it didn't seem to care. MoMo didn't care if the bodies make their way to her, she ripped and teared those things before when she ran away.

"Sacrifice......."

"Give us......body......"

"Sacrifice......."

"So cold......"

"My warm body........where is......"

"Curse you......."

"Curse you.......curse you Godddddd."

"Sacrifice........"

MoMo kept waiting for the things to get closer so she could squish them, a hidden bloodlust lurking within her innocent mind. Yet that bloodlust was halted by a sudden feeling, a presence.......the same presence that she desperately wanted. The bodies stopped moving, and even the hidden watcher's eyes widened from the presence as well. She needed to know where it was, where she was! MoMo stood up on the rock and looked down at the grass where the corpses had stopped. She eventually spotted it, the thing she oh desperately wanted, staring down the corpses with it's back turned to her.

The corpses moaned as the dark spirits possessing them were forced out of their bodies and into the sky, disappearing soon as the sunlight touched them

The corpses moaned as the dark spirits possessing them were forced out of their bodies and into the sky, disappearing soon as the sunlight touched them. The corpses began to shake before they hit the ground, the grass silencing the fall. MoMo gasped in awe, alerting the creature of her presence. It quickly turned around and made eye contact with the woman. MoMo jumped off the rock and dashed towards the creature, mouth open wide as she extended her arms outwards. Just as she closed the distance, it disappeared in the blink of an eye. MoMo hit the ground, her arms penetrating the solid ground with ease. The bandaged woman pulled her arms out and began frantically searching through the grass.

"MoMo! I told you to stay still!" Nina shouted, getting out of the river and running towards the older woman. She slowed down upon reaching the child in a woman's body, watching as she kept looking around the grass. The bandaged woman eventually stopped and began to shake, making Nina slightly worried. The light blonde slowly stepped forward and place a hand on the woman's shoulder. "MoMo.....?"

"WAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!" The woman cried her heart out as she looked at the sky, her cry nearly destroying Nina's eardrums from the pain within it. "WAAAAAA! BABA! BABA! BABA!!!!!!!!!"

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Jeanne sat in her room with the door locked. Instead of eating lunch with her men, she had decided to, well it would be considered heresy if anyone else did this. She, Lady Jeanne D'arc, the holy virgin of God himself, has chosen to read the journal left behind by the Black swordsman. No, she wasn't reading, she was studying. That's what she told herself. Each page had several terrible drawings of creatures she's never seen, some didn't even have names.

'There has to be a clue.....' she thought to herself as she turned the page. The journal that was left behind was more of a monster manual with small descriptions of strengths and even smaller descriptions of weaknesses. Yet the journal had nothing indicating where the swordsman would be, this was the only journal he had! She could see little foot prints of ink on the edge of one page, most likely from the fairy he had in his service. She needed to find him and put a stop to his plans before.....

He did save her.......from the horse. Was that why he was all she could think about? No, savior or not she had a duty to the church to find this man and bring him in. Yet part of her was just.........fascinated with him, he invaded every thought she had. It didn't help that she offered herself to him, straddling him and telling him to break her pact with God! She........she........!

She needed to meet up with Bluebeard. Being her superior during her stay here at the tower of conviction. Morgan Le Fay deemed her trustworthy enough to work under her close confidant. Jeanne had to make this work, she couldn't fail Orleans, Aizen, the Queen, God, and most importantly, her mother. So with a sigh, she stood up from her desk. She closed the journal and hid it underneath her pillow before going for her door. 

She stopped upon seeing her reflection in mirror on the wall. White hair, yellow eyes, and black armor, upon her face was a devilish grin. Jeanne shook her head before walking out the door.

End.

Criticism is welcome.

I really hope I'm not loosing any readers, I like to think I'm just updating to fast. But I know you guys have other, probably better, stories you'd prefer to read.

Hope you enjoyed.

Have a good day/night.