Ch 20

A monster.

A monster, is what Jill believed Guts looked like. A beast wanting it's fill of blood so it won't starve. Guts was, by far, the most terrifying creature she has ever laid eyes on. She heard him laugh as he bit down on the intestines trapped between his jaws, the deformed skeleton on his shoulder dropping to the ground as bits of it stuck to his frame. He didn't seem to care for the corpses of children strung around the ground, instead thriving in the chaos.

"It's all gone........" Rosine spoke while baring her teeth. The cocoons that hanged from the trees were being burnt to the ground, all of her work has been wasted. This man, this beast, had destroyed the misty valley. She would not stand for this! She clenched her fists as the flames around her closed in, consuming her.

Guts kept his wicked smile on his face, tightening his grip on DragonSlayer. He could feel the pain from his brand intensifying. Jill watched in awe and disbelief as the wall of flames began to part away, revealing Rosine. Or rather, her true form.

"My fairies

"My fairies.....my land.....all of it is gone because of you......I can't stop that.....but none of that matters now....." Rosine spoke as she began to stand. Her body now resembled that of a moth, but huge it stature. She extended her wings, causing a huge gust of wind to push the flames around her away as she began to laugh in an attempt to intimidate the black swordsman. "I DON'T NEED THEM! NOT ANYMORE BECAUSE I HAVE WINGS! I CAN FLY ANYWHERE I WANT AND START A NEW PARADISE AS LONG AS I HAVE JILL!" Rosine chuckled as her huge body touched the ground, her insect legs holding her up. She smiled wickedly, looking over to Jill and spotted Merlin beside her. She looked back at the swordsman and laughed as the eyes on her monster like head shined ruby red. "BUT YOU'LL BE ALONE! AFTER I KILL YOU, I'LL TAKE YOUR LITTLE PEEKAF AND LET THE BOY FAIRIES HAVE ALL THE FUN THEY WANT WITH HER!!!!!!!!!"

Guts's smile disappeared, replaced by a stern murderous gaze. His eye widened as Rosine dashed forward at extreme speed, with only one flap of her wings as explosions followed after her along with a booming sound. Her body tore through the trees, forcing Jill and Merlin to duck as one of Rosine's wings went over them. The cocoons were torn apart, letting the deformed bodies hit the ground. Rosine's single antenna on her head uncurled and pointed directly at the swordsman. Guts quickly brought DragonSlayer in front of him, blocking the incoming attack but was sent through a tree, rolling on the ground till he landed on his face. Rosine flew upwards after her attack, busting through the limbs of the trees and flying high into the night sky as the moon shined down on her.

'That was fast....to fast.' Guts grunted as he began to push himself up, his ears beating rapidly upon hearing the booming sound that followed Rosine. His grip on DragonSlayer didn't falter, slowly picking up the blade and bringing it up. He watched as Rosine flew through the night sky, his plan of trapping her in a tight area by burning the forest had failed. 'No....scratch that. I couldn't even see her! I was only able to block the attack from instincts.'