Ch 49

'What are you doing here? In a place like this........?'

Emiya thought to himself as he stared down the swordsman across from him. If Emiya had been younger and more stupid, he would have frozen upon seeing the man before him. When he volunteered to find Gudako he hadn't expected this, nor the fact that his power was lacking it's normal strength. Communication with Chaldea would remain cut till he found his master and brought her back.

"Where's the red haired woman?" Emiya decided to get too the point. Stalling now could result in Gudako's death, which would lead to every servant she's summoned, deaths. "You were the last one she had contact with. Tell me where she is swordsman."

"Hm, and how do you know that?" Guts chuckled from his position as he narrowed an eye at the servant, making Emiya clench his fist. The swordsman, even here and now, somehow got on his nerves. "You some kind of stalker, creep? Following girls half your age isn't a good look on anyone."

Emiya narrowed his eyes at the swordsman, who only seemed slightly annoyed by Emiya's presence. Just as the archer was about to speak again, the black swordsman quickly brought his repeating crossbow up and fired at the Japanese man. Emiya quickly side stepped behind a corner beside him, avoiding the bolts coming his way. When the bolts stopped shooting,  Emiya heard a small pat on the ground and saw a metal spiked ball with a string on fire.

BOOOM!!!!!!

.
.
.
.
.
.
.

"Alright, easy now....."

Gudako chuckled nervously as she slid against the thin walkway, a nervous smile on her face. She hated heights! Sure she was fine when she was flying but that was because her servants were the ones flying and protecting her. Her legs shivered from the high altitude as she eyed the end of the trail. Nina and Mordred walked behind her, the latter being fearless and walked past the two with a childish hum. Gudako nearly puked upon seeing Mordred walk so close to the edge.

"Oh god, did that old geezer think he could jump to safety?" Gudako groaned as she pressed her back against the wall fully, ignoring the quizzical look Nina gave her as she walked slowly behind her. Gudako continued scooting forwards till she came to a open area, Mordred standing in wait. Gudako looked around, realizing that the path was a dead end. Just before she could begin to panic, a sound similar to thunder echoed through the valley, making the Japanese woman let out a cry as she jumped back onto the open area away from the ledge. "WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT?!?!"

"MO!" Mordred let out a startled gasp as well, grabbing a nearby trunk and yanking it out of the ground before she used it as a shield, her eyes searching frantically for the noise.

"Look...."

Nina spoke out upon seeing a rope near the edge of the area. She slowly kneeled down beside it and looked over the edge, noticing it led all the way down too the bottom. She pulled the rope up and showed it to Gudako, who examined the rope from her position. It wasn't worn nor did it show any signs of age, meaning the rope was good and strong. But when the ginger realized this was probably the only way to fully escape, she began to sweat profoundly.

"No, no, no, no!" Gudako shook her head with a determined look. Nina was taken aback from the sudden denial of escape. Mordred watched as the ginger crawled all the way against the wall behind them, seemingly pushing herself into the rocks as the older blonde dropped the tree trunk. "What if something goes wrong Nina?! I may have gotten you and Mordred out of the cave but that doesn't mean I'm as strong as a man!"