Ch 25

It was on a rocky hill where the Holy Knights of Orleans set up camp. The sun was beginning to set and even though the knights had chose a fortified position to set up camp with enough supplies to help them pull through a siege, the knights remained cautious. The reason being, the crippled man currently being escorted through the camp grounds.

Guts was being escorted by fully armored knights, halberds pointed at him as he walked forward, a chained metal ball attached to his right ankle

Guts was being escorted by fully armored knights, halberds pointed at him as he walked forward, a chained metal ball attached to his right ankle. The tall man's physique alone intimidated most of the knights. They had stripped him of his armor, prosthetic, belt, and even his boots, making him walk barefooted with the pillory restraining him. The swordsman growled as the knight leading him yanked on the chain. They lead him to the tent in the center of the miniature fortress and pulled him inside.

"Ah, good."

Jeanne stood there in the tent. The desk in front of her had all of Guts's belongings spread out, save for DragonSlayer, which rested against a post. Taking a quick glance at the table, he spotted his satchel had it's contents removed, yet no Merlin was to be seen.

"Tie him to the post." Jeanne ordered, her eyes following the swordsman's movements. The knights nodded and secured the chain around a post, locking it in place. Guts glared at the Virgin woman, making Jeanne believe he was still the predator in this situation. "Good. Now leave us. I wish to speak with him alone."

"B-But lady Jeanne, shouldn't we retrieve Lord Aizen?" One of the knights spoke out, clearly worried for the beautiful woman that was his superior.

"No, do not worry about that." Jeanne answered the knight, placing a hand on the sword on her hip. "Should he try to escape I can easily dispatch him......now move along."

Jeanne watched as the knights slowly nodded before leaving. She sighed before walking up to the swordsman. Guts began to subconsciously growl at the woman, her face looking to familiar. He could possibly break the post he was tied to in his current state, but he'd be overwhelmed by the armored knights.

"How are your wounds?" She asked him. Not what Guts thought she'd start out with. As she got closer he took two steps back till he hit the post behind him. His eye widened as she reached out to his chest. "I'm sorry for the wounds you currently sustained. If you allow me, I can—?!"

"Back off!" Guts spat at the woman, smacking her hand away with his stumped arm. He growled at her, making the woman tilt her head. "Don't you ever touch me!"

"Hm......but your badly injured." Jeanne told him as she pushed further against the swordsman's wishes. She felt him up, grabbing at his injured body, his chest wasn't as injured as his arms and face, but it was bruised badly. She reached up for his head and felt his face and neck. "If you don't let me heal your wounds they'll become infected. Please, just let me—AH!!!"