Ch 7

"Are you still awake, Theresa?"

The Count asked as he slowly pushed open the door in front of him. Dahl and the guards had followed him inside. The room was a bedroom with a huge bed in the middle straight across from the door. Everything was pristine and elegant, a huge difference from what the city below looked like. But on said bed was a young girl with long black hair, wearing a nightgown with a book on her lap.

"Father

"Father...." She spoke, looking up from her book. Her voice felt distant, like an echo. "What is it father? Why are you coming to see me so late?"

"Hm? Oh...." The Count hummed as he reached behind his belt, pulling off a small cage before walking towards Theresa. He handed it to her with a smile. "I just have a little something for you."

"Hey, let me go!" Merlin shouted from within the cage. She grabbed onto the bars, trying to force them back. Her arm had been healed.

"A fairy!" Theresa exclaimed as she looked at the small Merlin with childish curiosity. Her eyes slowly returned to normal, realizing Merlin was in a cage. "Thank you father...."

".......are you lonely here, Theresa?" The Count asked, a concerned look appearing on his face. She didn't respond, looking at Merlin with a sad gaze. "Be patient my dear....I couldn't possibly let you out into the impure world overrun by filthy heretics. I promise, the world is almost safe......Theresa...." The Count reached forward. "....you're the only...."

"AAAHHH!" Theresa gasped as soon as he touched her, pulling her arm back. Merlin noticed this, looking up at the Count, who's eyes widened in shock.

"You still....won't let me touch you?" The Count closed his eyes and clenched his fist, a small tear coming down his face. Theresa said nothing, instead looking down at the fairy in fear and discomfort. The Count calmed himself before turning around and walking towards the door. "So be it.....good night, Theresa."

"Father...." The Count stopped and looked back at Theresa with a glimmer of hope in his eyes, wanting to hear three simple words. The daughter slowly sighed before shaking her head. "....nothing, never mind."

The Count nodded before walking out of the room, Dahl and the guards following behind as they shut the door. The Count didn't move after stepping outside, only staring at the ground.

"Your excellency...." Dahl started to speak.

"Go away......" The Count whispered. Dahl was confused, raising an eyebrow before he went to speak. He stopped however as the Count looked at him in the corner of his eye. "LEAVE ME BE!"

Dahl slowly nodded, gulping down his saliva. He and the guards dispersed, leaving the Count alone. The obese man slowly walked down the hall before coming too a stop, looking over the railing at the city below. Out of all the atrocities he committed, he could only think about his daughter. The Count's eyes widened, crushing the railing with his bare hands before laughing. This could get his mind off things.