Ch 14

"Mom..........dad....."

The young boy cried as he looked at the ground. Guts looked forward, watching as a swarm approached before stopping in it's tracks. The fairies giggled as they looked down at him, and already Guts could tell something was off. These fairies weren't innocent looking at all. They wore no clothing, leaving their pale, smooth bodies in the nude, lacking any genitalia. Their eyes were ruby red, no pupil to be seen. They had a puff of fur around their necks, their hair looking similar to one another. Two antennas extended from their foreheads, looking like an insect as well as a stinger sticking out of their rears. Three red dots were positioned like an upside down triangle between the antennas.

"Hey, kid......." The boy looked up as Guts spoke. The swordsman watched as the tiny bodies fell off of the boy as he looked up. "Do ya wanna get some revenge for mommy and daddy? Or.......do you want these things to have you?"

"N—n-no s-s—sir." The boy cried out as he tried wiping away his tears. He shook his head when he gave his answer, hoping to convince the man. "Huh?"

"Alright......" Guts nodded his head as he kneeled down and picked up the boy with his prosthetic. The boy's eyes widened and he gasped as he was lifted up. "......help me out a bit, alright?"

.
.
.

"Jill, wait!"

Jill ignored Merlin's protest as she ran towards the village, Merlin flying behind her.

"I can't!" Jill choked out as she ran, sweat running down her face as she ran towards danger. "Mister Swordsman might need help.......I can't leave him!!!!"

"Trust me kid, its best that you stay in the shed!" Merlin shouted as she grabbed onto one of Jill's pigtails, before being pulled along rather easily. "You'll only get in Guts's way! These aren't fairies he's going to be fighting!!!!"

"But I know this village like the back of my hand!" Jill told the fairy as they pasted the village wall. Merlin sighed, the things a child would do for their crush. Indeed, Merlin wasn't stupid about Jill's behavior. The fairy was just surprised the girl had bonded to Guts with amazing speed.

Jill crept along the sides of the building, making sure to hide herself from any fairies. Just as she turned a corner, she gasped and felt Merlin's jaw drop on her head.

"T-there he goes again!" Merlin spoke, more annoyed than angered

.
.
.

"Come on ya little maggots......" Guts whispered as he held DragonSlayer up into the air. The boy gasped as he flailed his arms and legs, tearing up as the fairies closed in. The boy could feel the cold metal of DragonSlayer on his back. ".....take the bait."