Ch 35

"There we go, all nice and cooked!"

Gudako forced out a laugh as she finished slicing up the Boar meat into tiny snack sized pieces. She looked down at her wet and bloody hands before turning to the pile of intestines beside her. She nearly puked from having to touch the intestines even if her father was a hunter and had her participate in decorating an animal, she still never got use to it. The young lady put the knife down and looked at the swordsman.

"Hm?" The man awoke from her words. The fairy hummed to herself as she crawled up the side of the swordsman's head before laying down flat on his hair. He looked down at her work, observing the cooked meat before turning to the boar's hollowed our body. He unclipped one of his satchels and tossed it at her. "Put it all in there."

"Huh......but I thought this was dinner?" She asked as she looked at the pile of meat she had stacked. The swordsman only stared at her, making the girl sigh before opening the satchel and placing the meat in the bag. The fairy quickly flew over and grabbed two pieces of meat before flying back to the swordsman, handing him a piece. "So.....what's your name stranger?"

"It's not important." The swordsman spoke before biting down on the meat. He finished his meal in three bites, the fairy still chewing down on hers. The swordsman looked up at the sky, noticing it was getting darker as storm clouds began to form. His attention turned back to Gudako, who looked away and continued putting the food up.

"So.....I'm not from around here as you can probably tell." Gudako spoke, looking back up at the swordsman who muttered 'no shit' as she continued packing the food. "I'm a little out of the loop on the state of this country. Do you mind telling me anything I should know like, is King Arthur around?"

"............no." The swordsman spoke in a hushed tone, the fairy stopped chewing on her meat and slowly looked down at the swordsman with a worried expression. Gudako was left in confusion upon his statement, wasn't Camelot still in power? The swordsman sighed. "Just do what I told you..........."

The swordsman's eye widened as he trailed off from his sentence. Just as Gudako finished packing the meat, it began to rain. The young lady pulled up her hood and looked at the swordsman, who now stood up and had his hand resting on his blade's handle. He took one quick step forward before kicking her in the chest. Gudako gasped as the air left her lungs, but stared in awe as something pounced on the swordsman, sending him down the hill. She quickly recovered and crawled to the edge of the hill top, watching as the swordsman and the attacker rolled down the hill before hitting the flat ground. The swordsman pushed his aggressor off of him before getting onto his feet. The aggressor rolled along the ground before coming to a halt. As it stood up, Gudako forced down a gulp as she held the satchel of meat.

It was a huge creature. It had the form of a lion, a big muscular body but it had many differences from an ordinary lion. Two bat-like wings sprouted from it's back, nearly as wide as it's entire body. It had a long scorpion tail, a curved spike sticking out of the end. At the center of it's dark mane was not that of a lion's, but a hybrid between feline and man itself with two long fangs sticking out from it's upper mouth and two curved horns pointing out upon it's head. Gudako knew this creature had existed once before, only spotting it in the monster manual from Chaldea. But she never expected to see such a beast.