Ch 31 (extremely short)

"You alright Merlin?"

The white haired fairy didn't register Lancelot's words immediately. Merlin had stayed up all night, watching as Lancelot repaired Guts's armor as she sat on the man's desk hugging her knees close. The man sat down and took a drink of water from his tankard before looking down at the fairy. Merlin slowly nodded her head as she looked up at the knight, forcing herself to smile.

"I know your awake Erica." Lancelot hummed as rubbed the cast on his arm. Hearing a sigh, Merlin watched as the curtain of Erica's room opened, the young girl wearing her clothes from yesterday. She blushed as Lancelot stared her down, twiddling her thumbs as the knight stared her down. Lancelot hummed and pointed at the sack of armor beside the door. "Take that out to Guts."

"Okay Lancey...." Erica sighed as she slipped on her slippers. Merlin watched in awe as the little girl lifted the sack of armor up over her shoulder and walked out the door before shutting it behind her.

Lancelot sat up, groaning as he applied pressure to his left arm. Merlin watched before flying over to the purple haired knight, leaning against his left arm. The knight watched as Merlin placed her hands on his arm and began to glow. Lancelot's eyes widened as the pain in his arm suddenly eased, his bones not fully healed, but healed enough to make the pain subside.

"Heh, a blacksmith's fairy." Lancelot turned around and saw Godo making his way down the stairs, wearing only his pants and shoes, leaving his round belly out in the open. "Every damn time he comes back I swear he drags something with him. First you and the girl, then a damn fairy."

"G-Godo?!" Lancelot stood up, Merlin flying up to his shoulder. The purple haired knight watched as Godo walked past him to the forge, where DragonSlayer was placed with pliers holding it over the burning coals. "Sir, you shouldn't be down here, not in your condition—?!"

"Quite boy! There's some stuff I gotta do while I still have the strength for it....." Godo spoke before picking up a hammer and resting it on his shoulder. He looked back at Lancelot. "Lancelot.......Erica will be your responsibility."

"Sir....."

"She likes you very much Lancelot......" Godo spoke as he moved to DragonSlayer and prepared it. "My time draws closer and that means I can't keep her safe. Scáthach could watch her, keep both of you safe. But she needs a father figure.......just keep her safe."

End

End.

Extremely short, even cut some dialogue that I wanted to put in. I fucking hate myself.

Criticism is welcome.

Hope this has held you over.

Please forgive me for how short it is, I'm still a little sick, really sick actually. Sneezing nonstop and doing work.

Hope you have a good day/night!

How was your Halloween?