Ch 29

"HA!"

Erica sighed as she finished chopping off some branches from the trees. It had begun to snow and firewood was a necessity for the winter. She sheathed the small machete on the belt around her dress and rubbed her hands together before putting the branches into the basket backpack. She looked up at the sky, the sun setting as snow fell onto the highlands. She had to get back and reached for the basket.

"It's the most, wonderful time of the year~"

Erica stopped herself from grabbing the basket and turned to the direction of a voice singing. She saw a pink dot of light flying through the trees. She went closer to the voice, going from tree to tree as she got closer. It was a fairy! It's hair white as the snow as it wore beautiful white robes as well, black leggings adorned it's legs.

"The snow is falling and I hear the calling~"

It's voice was lovely, but Erica didn't want to draw attention to herself. When the fairy spun around with it's eyes close and it's back to Erica, the girl slowly moved closer to the fairy.

Yes, it is the most, wonderful time of the yeeeeaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrr—GAH?!"

Erica brought her hands together when she got close enough, trapping the fairy in her hands as it was knocked unconscious. The girl slowly opened her hands and looked down at the unconscious fairy, the leg twitching like a dead bug.

"Y-Yes! I caught something neat!" Erica shouted with a smile as she began to run towards her home, forgetting about her basket of wood. Oh she wanted to impress a certain someone whose been living with her for the past two years. "LANCELOOOOOOOOOOT!!!!!!! Huh?"

Erica came to a sudden stop and looked to her right. It was barley noticeably with how dark it was getting, but she could spy a huge silhouette within the trees, glaring down at her from the darkness.

"Yo

"Yo." The figure stepped forward, the shadows surrounding him disappeared, revealing a man with one eye, lightly smiling down at her. Erica smiled upon seeing the man's face, running up to him and hugging his legs, making the man chuckle. "You've gotten a bit taller, haven't you?"

.
.
.
.
.

"LANCELOOOOOOT!"

Erica called for the man as she came in through the Hut's door, the basket of wood on her back. Guts followed after the girl, walking through the doorway and spotted the Ex-noble when he looked up from his work.