Ch 26

"There, how does that feel?"

Guts sighed as the pillory came off. He wanted to rub his wrist to sooth the itch that had formed, but Merlin beat him to it. He cracked his neck as the fairy scratched his wrist. He looked down at Merlin and nodded, a silent thanks from the swordsman. Grabbing the ring of keys, he stuck his hand through the bars and put a key in the lock. He continued testing different keys till he heard the lock click and the door opened up. The swordsman crawled out and stayed crouched, not needing the knights to spot him.

"Good job Merlin." He grunted out as he leaned over the corner of a tent, spotting multiple knights on patrol. Night had fallen and yet it appeared like none of the knights had went to sleep. He had to get his gear back, but sneaking around would prove difficult. Maybe when he got his gear he could fight his way.........Guts looked behind him, noticing the Incubus from earlier were closing in slowly, watching him. He smirked as an idea came to him before grabbing a nearby Incubi. It squirmed in his grip as he let it get a good look at him. After a minute of holding it, he crushed it with his hand before tossing it to the side. "Follow me."

.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Jeanne tossed and turned in her bed. She was wearing her dress without the armor and gauntlets, serving as a substitute nightgown, but she felt incredibly hot. Why, she could not tell nor say what was bothering her. She didn't bother unbraiding her hair, it would take to long to braid it in the morning.

'The swordsman.....' Jeanne thought as she looked at the ceiling of her tent. No matter how much she tried to think of something else, he always entered her mind. Did felt as if she broke whatever trust she had tried making with him after lashing out at him, yet a small part of her felt satisfied with what she did. She sighed before getting off of her bed and walked towards the pile of her armor resided. Maybe she couldn't sleep because she didn't feel safe. 'It only makes sense he keeps plaguing my mind......he's an enemy of God and could bring satan's armies to earth. He'll do anything in his power to turn me against the lord.'

After securing the armor onto her body and the cloak of her order, Jeanne turned to her bed before stopping. She slowly looked back and watched as a candle lit itself up. The light illuminated two desks. One that had the cross where she could give a quick prayer, The Lord knows she needs it. As she took a step towards the small altar she looked at the other desk, which contained the Swordsman's belongings and the heretical artifacts and knowledge of sin. She continued walking to the altar before completely stopping and slowly looking at the other desk.

'A quick look wouldn't hurt, right?'

Yes....it wouldn't hurt to look. It must be a sign of God, telling her to better understand the Antichrist. She could pray and thank the lord for his guidance later, understanding her captive will take too priority. So she walked over to the desk and sat down on the wooden chair. She grabbed the odd egg with the parts of a face mixed on it, observing the possession till it opened an eye and peeked out at her. She gasped, shoving it into the satchel on the table. Demons. After making sure the artifact wasn't going to cast any spells or heresy, Jeanne turned to the small notebook that rested on the desk, the same one the swordsman had written. She grabbed it and decided to read it, for research of course.

'Manticore, Unicorn, Wyvern, Ogres, Fairies, succubus, incubi, Fae, Ghouls, Alghouls, Strigas, Apostles........' she listed off every creature that had been written down in the notebook. Some of the drawings associated with these names, while not perfect, had a horrific detailing picture associated with them. Ghouls looked nothing more than a normal human with parts of their flesh torn off, depicting cannibalism. She knew most of these creatures, associates of evil is what her order taught her, agents of hell. 'Is this......the list of monsters he's rallying to his army?'

She sighed as she set the notebook back down. Two years ago, is when the antichrist began his journey and from the looks of it, he was VERY busy. But converting the Antichrist to a disciple of God should put a fork in Satan's plans. It nearly made the Virgin laugh, thinking of the swordsman in priest robes. She looked over her shoulder at the Giant weapon the swordsman used, her spear leaning up against it. It was a crude blade and it sickened Jeanne to think about how many children he killed with that thing. She sighed, rubbing her head.

"WE'RE UNDER ATTACK!!!!!!!"

'Huh?!' Jeanne's eyes widened as a bell sounded out throughout the camp. She stayed in her seat, wondering if she really heard the bell. After two full minutes of hearing it and the shouting of her knights, she stood up and turned around before gasping.

The swordsman was standing directly behind her, free of his binds.

She barley made a sound as he dashed forward before grabbing her head and smashing it through the desk, knocking her out.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

"Lady Jeanne, we're under attack!" Aizen shouted as he ran towards Jeanne's tent. The enemy had came out of nowhere, their blades and clothing foreign to the man and the knights. He needed to make sure Jeanne was safe and ready to defend herself, a promise he made to her peasant parents to give them comfort. As he dashed across the field with several knights in tow, he came to a stop as someone came out of the tents. "YOU!"

It was the antichrist. His gear had been restored, fully equipped. Slung over his left shoulder was Jeanne, her hands tied behind her back. In his hand was a torch and only then was the tent set ablaze. Aizen growled as he readied his weapon, a combination of a staff and a mace.

"Release Lady Jeanne at once!" Aizen roared as he prepared to charge the swordsman, but stopped when the man lifted the torch up to Jeanne's rear. "What are you doing?!"

"Clear the way pal." The swordsman smirked at Aizen. The man growled even more upon seeing the fairy resting on his other shoulder. "If you don't, we'll.....who says only the church can set people alive on fire. Just try me and I'll burn her gorgeous ass."

"Taking a woman hostage.......despicable!" Aizen clenched his fist before looking back at his knights. "Let him pass."

"Much obliged." Guts smirked as he began walking towards the stables. He looked back at Aizen and chuckled. "Be careful around those Homunculus....their a slippery bunch."

When Guts arrived to the makeshift stables he brought down DragonSlayer and destroyed the posts they were tied to before burning all but one of their tails. He leapt onto the biggest horse he saw, setting the unconscious Jeanne behind him. Grabbing the reigns, Guts spurred the horse away from the camp where the Homunculus of the Fae were locked in battle with the knights.

End.

Just a little chapter for me to delve into Jeanne, personally one of my favorite characters. Next chapter should be longer, but no promises.

Criticism is welcome

Hope you enjoyed.

Have a good day/night.