Ch 51

Morgan stood on the top of her tower, once again overlooking the refugee camp below. She had waited for her swordsman to return but feared the worst when he didn't arrive. Was Guts going to make her come out of her tower, out there in the open for an ambush ready for her? No, that wasn't Guts's style, he would charge her head on without being subtle. So why hasn't he shown himself....Morgan sighed in annoyance. She couldn't even sense the man in the camp below.

"My dearest master, I return to you...."

Morgan sighed as she felt the presence of her servant Bluebeard. She didn't need to look behind herself to know he arrived without making a sound, she could feel him slowly levitating down behind her. Though his presence always brought a smile to her face, she felt annoyed as she continued searching for Guts's aura.

"What is it Bluebeard?" She grunted as she continued searching, not paying heed to her servant. Her eyes nearly opened as she felt Guts's presence before it quickly slipped away from her. That magic beacon she used as bait was taking it's toll on her. "I thought I told you too find the Swordsman? Yet you come back empty handed....."

"Not empty handed, my dear master~ but do not worry, I have Gawain and my precious Jeanne ready for him." She heard the servant hum in joy, a sick twisted joy similar to her own. If Bluebeard ever wanted to show her something it was usually important or a joke he knew she'd love. For his sake, it better be the former. So Morgan opened her eyes and turned around, ready to berate the servant before she silenced herself. Bluebeard cheered before flapping his arms up and down. "TA-DA!!!!!!!!"

Before her, bound in black smoke, was Mordred and a younger blonde haired girl. The latter struggled against her restraints while Mordred just looked uncomfortable. Morgan slowly stepped forward, her mouth agape as she reached out and cupped Mordred's cheek. Morgan expected retaliation, anger, cursing, some form of resistance. But none came, Morgan smiled wickedly and leaned in close. The Queen raised an eyebrow from the lack of violence and closed her eyes before probing Mordred's mind. It was shattered, broken into pieces like glass that only hanged on a thin line. Memories, out of order and disfigured. The Queen watched whatever memories she could through her daughter's eyes, experiencing everything the woman felt during her short life, the woman's feelings for Guts and her comrades. But then, the memories jumped from when she saved Artoria, to where she sat in a cave, alone, staring at a bed beside her that remained empty for days. Then a wash of sadness overcame the Queen.

"Oh......you lost your child......" Morgan spoke, the younger blonde tilting her head as she stopped struggling, watching as Morgan spoke to Mordred. The Queen smiled once more and smacked Mordred, the woman grunting before she began roaring at the Queen. "Good. Your child was a bastard from the moment it was conceived, be grateful it was spared a life of misery. You'll make perfect bait. Bluebeard, send them to the dungeons. I want them both in the darkest and coldest cell available."

"Of course my master~" with a snap of his fingers the two blondes were engulfed in smoke before disappearing. Bluebeard watched as his master still smiled wickedly, a look of victory on her face. He bowed gracefully with closed eyes. "Now if I may prepare the tower's defenses my master~?"

"Dismissed."

Morgan watched as Bluebeard disappeared before she began to laugh, a loud borderline insane laughter as she looked at the sky. So few of the Loyalists were left. But she was happy, truly happy. Guts was now guaranteed to show up. Oh she wondered how painful he felt realizing his child with Mordred died, how agonizing he must feel constantly fighting and hiding from her forces. Now she would break him down and build him up, she doesn't the Holy Grail now! She would subjugate Mordred to all sorts of vile tortures and make Guts watch till he was broken, nothing but a husk of his former self as he helplessly begs for Mordred to be spared. That's when she'll take him, and make him anew.