Ch 40

"Morgan, Morgan open up!"

A young fifteen year old Morgan Pendragon sat up in her bed, rubbing her eyes. She looked out the window beside her bed and saw the night sky. With a small flick from her wrist the door to her rather spacious bedroom opened up, allowing the person in. Her father, Uther Pendragon was a mountain of a man that barley fit through her doorway. His long white beard reached halfway down his chest upon entering. He wore his signature armor, rarely wearing anything else even when he had to sleep. He came into her room carrying a bundle of blankets before shutting the door behind him.

"Papa?" She yawned as her father snapped his fingers, the candles instantly lighting up with flames. The room creaked with every step he took before he sat down on her bed, nearly bouncing the young girl out of her blankets. Uther Pendragon may be king, but he acted like the peasants he ruled over. "What's wrong?"

"Heh, sorry my daughter. But this can't wait till morning." He chuckled lightly as he gently swayed the bundle of cloths in his arms from side to side. "I have a surprise for you that I think you'll love."

Morgan tilted her head just as her father lowered his arms and let the young princess look. Morgan stared for roughly three minutes, unmoving upon seeing what her father held. It was small, pink almost from the texture of it's skin. It's eyes were shut tightly and a small puff of blonde hair was situated on top of its head.

"Morgan, your an older sister now." Uther smiled at his daughter. The princess tilted her head to the other side, looking the baby up and down. What didn't sit right with the young princess, is that her mother had died several years prior. "It's amazing, isn't it? We have a new family member joining us."

"......." Morgan stared at the baby in silence. So many questions raced through her underdeveloped mind. Why would her father have another child during Uncle Vortigern's rebellion, why would he have a child with another woman. She looked back up at her father with curiosity. "Who's the mother? Merlin?"

"No my child......that's unimportant." Uther sighed, ignoring his daughter's questions. A knock was heard on the door and Uther sighed before standing up. He turned to Morgan, gave her a kiss on top of her head, and made his way to the door. "Sleep well my child, forgive for waking you this early. But I was to excited to wait to tell you! Goodnight."

Her father left the room, his face filled with happiness for the new child he had conceived, a daughter no less. She's read her mother's diary, knowing that her father longed for a son. But she wouldn't think much about it, she needed rest so she could learn the ladies etiquette from the maids. Maybe having a sister wouldn't be to bad...........

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

"Hmmm......."

Bluebeard opened his eyes after his small nap. As a servant bonded with a master, it was only natural her memories would bleed into his mind. His memories would also play out to Morgan, allowing her to know him rather well. But the memories were broken up, rarely playing in order. It allowed masters and servants to learn more of one another, to test how far the servants and masters would go to either win the grail, or sacrifice themselves so their masters could live. Bluebeard blinked as he looked around, remembering where he was.

Jeanne stood in the middle of another torture chamber, this one empty save for the man she was torturing. Jeanne still needed training even if it had been a week already. The man she was torturing had his nails removed and the skin of his arms dangled down in the air, hanging from his skinned flesh. The man had been gagged by Bluebeard, the servant not wanting Jeanne to give up yet. Oh it gave Bluebeard so much joy seeing Jeanne follow his orders, listening to his instructions like when he was younger and alive. Jeanne had been his student turned leader, a woman he valued greatly in life. He wasn't sure if he saw her as a lover, or a little sister. All he knew is that he needed her in his life.