Chapter 28

Chapter 28

  Another half year later, Pei Du finally had a clear idea of what he was investigating.

  It took Pei Du two years to use the identity of the scholar who died of illness to successfully move from a civilian to a position inside the central core. He also made inquiries from inside and added his undercover investigation to learn a lot that was unknown and had not been rumored. The secret of the past.

  Pei Du was certain that Pei Yu was not responsible for sealing Chi Ze.

  After Chi Ze was sealed, Pei Yu disappeared and his life and death were unknown. He has disappeared from people's sight since then.

  In order to stabilize the situation at that time, they directly announced that Pei Yu had died in the sealing battle, and immediately supported the new emperor on the throne.

  And this new emperor is Xiang Beichen. He was once just a small personal guard, but he suddenly became the new emperor of the North. No one questioned or objected here, which is enough to see that there are a lot of tricks in it.

  Today, Pei Du originally wanted to look for evidence.

  But they saw Xiang Beichen mysteriously walking into a secret passage, and guessed that he might be going to meet the mysterious person behind it.

  He followed cautiously, but due to his cultivation, Pei Du could only follow from a distance.

  But I still saw the mysterious man.

  The mysterious man wore a black robe that covered his entire body, and a black skull mask covering his entire face.

His voice was rough, as if it was done on purpose so that no one could hear his original voice.

  "System, please send me what they said."

  "Okay, host."

  After a while, the conversation between Xiang Beichen and the others was clearly transmitted.

  Pei Du first heard Xiang Beichen's voice:

  "Owner."

  This title made Pei Du slightly stunned. He had only guessed that Xiang Beichen and that person might be in a cooperative relationship, but what he didn't expect was a master-servant relationship, which surprised him.

  "It's been two years, and you still haven't gotten rid of Chi Ze." The voice of the man in black robe was full of dissatisfaction, and there was a hint of chilling chill in his heart.

  With a "bang", Xiang Beichen knelt directly on the ground. His face no longer showed the hypocrisy that Pei Du had seen before. Now he was truly panicked, and his voice was trembling: "Master, what do you want?" , you have to believe me, I will definitely get rid of Chi Ze."

  He knelt and moved to the feet of the man in black robe, trying to grab the corner of his clothes, but he was dodged directly, his movements full of disgust.

  The man in black robe sneered, and then asked slowly: "How do you want me to believe you?"

  A black medicine bottle suddenly appeared in the hand of the man in black robe, with a deep black mist exuding from the medicine bottle.

  When Xiang Beichen saw the bottle, his face instantly turned pale. At this moment, he no longer looked as dignified as before, and now he was full of embarrassment.

  "Master, since I made Pei Yu disappear from this world in the first place, I will definitely make Chi Ze disappear this time." He said confidently, not seeing the slight sarcasm in the black-robed man's eyes.