Chapter 40

Chapter 40

  At this time, the footsteps outside were getting closer and closer.

  The man opened the door outside and walked slowly inside, his steps neither light nor heavy.

  Fortunately, Pei Du and the others were very vigilant.

  In the darkness, the man holding a candle stood out.

  Pei Du stood in the corner through the yellowish candlelight. He could vaguely see the figure of the man, but he couldn't see clearly.

  The person who came here probably had white hair, was short in stature, was a little thin, and had a slightly curved back. His worn-out robes had already been washed a little white.

  Unfortunately, from Pei Du's point of view, he could only see the back of the man, but he could not see the front clearly, but he could probably guess that this was an old man of quite a certain age.

  I just don't know what this person is doing in Pei Yu's palace, is it protection or defense?

  A flash of deep thought flashed in Pei Du's eyes.

  The old man didn't seem to notice that there were two of them in the room. He was holding the lamp in his hand and walking forward step by step.

  Suddenly, the man stopped slightly.

  Have they been discovered?

  Pei Du and the others couldn't help but hold their breath. Feng Yunjing was slightly nervous and unconsciously grabbed Pei Du's lapel.

  Pei Du automatically covered the young man's hand with his hand.

  Feng Yunjing felt the sudden extra touch on the back of his hand, and his eyes widened slightly.

  But because someone was there, he couldn't say anything and could only glare at Pei Du.

  Pei Du just smiled.

  During this back and forth, the old man had walked straight past the place where Pei Du and the others were hiding, and continued walking forward.

  The road was coming to an end, but the man showed no sign of stopping.

  Pei Du and Feng Yunjing knew that there might be something they missed in this meeting.

  Sure enough, the old man stood between the corners of the wall. He stretched out his hand and tapped the wall three times.

  Just after these three clicks, a slightly narrow door crack suddenly appeared next to it.

  The man pushed open the door, turned around and walked into the narrow cubicle that suddenly appeared.

  It was only then that Pei Du and the others discovered that there was a room hidden there.

  Pei Du motioned to Feng Yunjing with his eyes: follow him.

  He walked towards the corner with the cubicle.

  Feng Yunyun nodded and followed Pei Du cautiously.

  They walked to the cubicle. Pei Du followed the example of the man just now and tapped the wall three times, but there was no response.

He frowned slightly.Suddenly thinking of something, he knocked again, but this time he used his spiritual power.

  Obviously, Pei Du guessed correctly, and the door slowly opened a gap.

  He looked through the cracks in the door and saw that there was no one inside.