Chapter 32

Chapter 32

  Time passed quickly, and in a blink of an eye it was time for the Demon Sacrifice Ceremony. Pei Du and the monks recruited by Xiang Beichen followed his instructions and mingled with the demons.

  At the Demon Sacrifice Ceremony, the surroundings were buzzing with people and crowds of people. All the demon clan members were dressed in black hooded robes, very neatly, as if they had agreed.

  Fortunately, Xiang Beichen was not too stupid. Before that, they had found out some obvious things that the demons should pay attention to when holding a demon sacrifice ceremony. Otherwise, they would definitely be the most conspicuous people on this day.

  Pei Du stood at a distance not too far from the center, but just enough to see the entire demon sacrificial ceremony.

  The other monks, like Pei Du, were scattered in places with a better view, making it easier for them to observe.

  As time gradually passed, it reached noon. At this time, a person stepped onto the high round platform. At this moment, the entire demon clan became very quiet. They could only hear each other's breathing, and There was the sound of wind blowing.

  Pei Du looked carefully and found that the person walking up to the round platform was a man wearing a black robe and his back was slightly stooped. He speculated that this should be an old man, probably the high priest of the demon clan, but this man had a look on his face. A black mask covers half of the face, unable to see the full picture.

  The high priest walked up to the round platform and bowed facing the sky. He muttered something unknown. Because of the distance, Pei Du could not hear it very clearly. He just saw the person next to him. The gloomy sky became more and more gloomy.

  The sky is getting heavier and heavier, and the darkness is like a ferocious beast that can devour people, which makes people feel slightly frightened.

  At this time, the demons in the audience knelt down at the same time, as if it was an agreement.

  Pei Du and the others followed the example of the people around them and knelt down. They observed the other demons with their peripheral vision and found that at this time, every demon's face was full of solemnity and their eyes showed indifference.

  It was as if none of them could feel anything at this moment and could only see the round platform in front of them.

  Suddenly, a burst of strong demonic energy hit from the air and dispersed throughout the ceremony. The faces of the demons gradually showed expressions of enjoyment. They opened their arms wide, as if they were accepting this gift from heaven. of gifts.

  As for Pei Du and his group of people who did not belong to the demon clan, all they could feel was bursts of discomfort. The demonic energy and the spiritual energy in their bodies collided with each other. They quickly and quietly used their spiritual energy to resist the influx of the king's body. of demonic energy.

  Although they were a little different from the people around them, the demons were all immersed in absorbing the demonic energy at this time, and no one felt that anything was wrong with them.

  After a while, the black air finally gradually dissipated.

  The demon people returned to their previous appearance, and Pei Du and the others also lost their spiritual power.

  Immediately afterwards, the high priest on the stage said to the demon clan members below the stage: "Now please invite the demon king to purify himself."