𝐗𝐗𝐕𝐈 ; bring that 𝒊𝒅𝒊𝒐𝒕 back!

𝐛𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐢𝐝𝐢𝐨𝐭 𝐛𝐚𝐜𝐤!

"Where are we going?" The young girl stared at the bigger hand intertwined with her own. The grip was tight, but not enough to hurt her.

She glanced back at the park she was once playing at, the swing she had been on just moments ago was still slightly swaying considering she had been abruptly led away. Kids still playing cheered and talking, but the noise was growing quiet with every step away.

"Just come." They replied, leading her further and further away from the playground.

But the neighborhood got darker the longer they walked, and suddenly the streets weren't so full. In no time at all, they had reached a darker alley where no bystanders were left wandering around.

The girl felt herself feeling quite smaller than normal, the fear of the darkness and what may be lurking creeping into her heart.

"When were we going to go home?" She uttered in a small voice, holding her other arm not in the older girl's hand close, "Daddy is coming home soon so mommy wanted us to clean the house." Normally, she didn't care about cleaning, but it seemed a lot better than wherever they were.

"Don't mind that." Her sister dismissed her, dragging her further into the darkness.

It was... all a blur after that. Her memory didn't clear until she was in that room. It was clearer than a day in her head, even now.

It haunted her.

It was small... A single bed in a square room without any windows. The door opened once, and that was to throw her inside, but it didn't open again after that.

Asumi wasn't alone. There was someone else in there, watching her hug herself against the wall to try to put as much distance between them as possible. Their eyes were so sunken that their actual eyes seemed to pop, and their hair was messy and knotted. The missing and torn-out pieces were on the bed or floor.

She was the first child to ever enter the room, the first quirkless one as well.

But the woman in the room didn't recognize this fact, previously seeing a man in the room before she was. Knowing how it ended, her heart ached, but Asumi watched as her head turned to stare at the wall on the side of the room.

"Stop it. Go away." She whispered to an invisible force, the child watching with wide eyes. She just wanted to go home.

Days went on and the woman had slowly gotten the little girl's trust and consoled her despite her obvious suffering. She gave her her rations and took care of her while confined in the little room with no clue as to when it was night and day.

However, with each day, Asumi noticed the woman talking to air more often. She murmured to herself more often which soon turned into yelling, and it wasn't long before she realized the woman never slept.