𝐗𝐋𝐕. some 𝒖𝒏𝒔𝒑𝒐𝒌𝒆𝒏 thing

𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐮𝐧𝐬𝐩𝐨𝐤𝐞𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠

𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐮𝐧𝐬𝐩𝐨𝐤𝐞𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠

With how late they were in the gym rehearsing, which seemed to be every night, they all stayed up much later. It wasn't exactly that late given it was only 9 PM whenever they wrapped up, but it had most of the class up until midnight trying to wind down–unless they were, Bakugo of course. At least it was the last night of this endless cycle, though.

However, tonight was no different. Perhaps it was even worse with the nervousness and excitement for the festival the next day.

She could still hear their chatter downstairs, and it got louder the further she walked into the common room.

Some of them hushed their conversations as they side-eyed the new presence in the room that seemed to pay no mind to their antics.

It was soon that everyone noticed, eyes widened and wondering if they woke her up again. The last time they did that, she made them pay for it with Todoroki and iced them to their beds before making their... small phobias come true.

Poor Kaminari had a deserved awakening by a rumble of thunder shaking his room.

"No, I'm usually awake around this time." Asumi shook her head, easing the tension so much she felt the air lighten.

"Well, what are you doing awake?" Midoriya asked from the table where he and Aoyama sat, a few others being over around the couch, instead.

She shrugged, opening the fridge and grabbing a bottle of tea, "Oh, I'm bored so I figured I'd come to get a drink before knocking out that essay."

Everyone else nodded, except for Kirishima who noted something he caught in the midst of one of her and Bakugo's banters that he had to break up, "I thought you finished?"

"Never said it was my essay." She shut the fridge door, only to turn around to see Jiro looking at her with a confused expression.

"You're writing someone else's essay?"

Asumi gave a short nod, "Denki said he'd pay me."

The boy in question had been slowly trying to sink into the couch before she finally spilled the truth and he pointed an accusatory finger at her, "You weren't supposed to tell anyone!"

It was hard to take him seriously when whining like that.

So, she turned back to the others and explained, "I need the cash. They raised the price of my favorite boba inclusions at black box."

They sweatdropped at her response.

When in actuality, it wasn't for boba. It was the first lie she could think of so casually.

It was actually for an upcoming holiday just around the corner, one where she had only her family around for. This would be her first year with friends other than Todoroki–who was basically family at this point.