𝐗𝐕𝐈 ; 𝒅𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒎𝒄𝒂𝒕𝒄𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒔

𝐝𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐦𝐜𝐚𝐭𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐬

𝐝𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐦𝐜𝐚𝐭𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐬

The pitter-patter of rain matched the thrumming of her heart as the heavy sky cried down on the Amajiki siblings walking from the train station and to school. The sidewalk was littered with growing puddles and passing cars would splash small droplets on her on their way to work or to drop their children off.

The people passing by either ignored them entirely, everyone shielding themselves with umbrellas, or recognized the siblings from the festival with a few comments now and then.

Like a woman passing by the two and noticing her brother, "You, young man, have a bright future as a hero." She smiled kindly as she passed by.

Tamaki kept his head down, not meaning to be rude but out of bashfulness. His umbrella only helped him hide.

Asumi walked without, her arms behind her back despite her bag, not minding the rain much; but, she did glance over at her brother with a small smile tugging at the corner of her lip, "I thought you did amazing."

He had been able to bring his head back up, but his posture curved in and his umbrella served as a close shell. She always did inwardly, sometimes voicing as an annoying sister, that he was a turtle.

"I didn't win." Tamaki told her simply, a sigh within his words.

He was not always the most positive when it came to anything about himself. He saw the best in people but struggled with his own self-positivity.

"Winning doesn't matter," Asumi argued, reminding him of this fact but was quick to add, "But if it does to you, you're always a winner to me!" It was quite cheesy, but entirely on purpose just to be, as always, an annoying sister.

The usual bond between siblings was not commonly found in a usual setting, and though they had their moments, their lives had been what many call unusual. Their unusualness and the unfortunate cards they faced made them treat each other less like irritating siblings and more like a sibling they could lean on–while still having their fun, of course.

They had only each other to really depend on and fully understand despite having grandparents and friends. It was a bond brought closer by trauma, as dull as it sounded.

Asumi was brought out of her daydream when she felt the droplets on top of her hair that began to dark her deep purple hair and stick her clothes to her skin to come to a stop. Her face scrunched up, tilting her head up to find the umbrella previously over her brother's head being over her own and blocking the cloudy and grey sky.

"Hey, I'm trying to enjoy the rain here." The girl complained, her teasing attitude long gone.

Tamaki didn't acknowledge that, as usual, and simply kept it over her head with a shake of his own, "Don't be dumb, please."

She could only pout.

☯︎

There was a small squish with Asumi's every step into the classroom buzzing with conversation, shoes entirely damp from her lack of care for an umbrella.