𝐗𝐈𝐕 ; neglected spark makes an untame 𝒇𝒍𝒂𝒎𝒆

𝐚 𝐧𝐞𝐠𝐥𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐬𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐤 𝐦𝐚𝐤𝐞𝐬 𝐚𝐧 𝐮𝐧𝐭𝐚𝐦𝐞 𝐟𝐥𝐚𝐦𝐞

"What exactly is... happening?" Present Mic voiced as the audience watched what they couldn't quite comprehend was happening.

Iida was zooming around her faster than most eyes could follow and Asumi just... stood there. It was like watching a shark circling something only sped up a thousand times.

No one really knew what they were doing, because all she did was follow him with her eyes every time he came into view.

Every time he tried to strike, she'd throw herself the other way so he would skid right past her.

It was frustrating for him and quite strange to watch.

One might've assumed she was trying to get into his head to use her—their quirk, not that they really knew how it worked to an extent; but to the blind eye, that didn't seem to really work. If she was trying to unnoticeably slow him down, that wasn't working either given he seemed to only get faster.

What they couldn't see was the girl slowly pulling every bit of nervousness and anxiousness he radiated as she slowly stepped back with every loop. Every time she locked her eyes, even for a moment, she was both collecting and inducing paranoia, strength building and building until finally, he struck like the numerous other times, but she was ready for him toward the edge of the circle.

He half-expected her to dodge again, but wasn't prepared for the girl to snatch his forearm mid-lunge with only her head turned over her shoulder. He only caught her emerald eyes that looked darker, somewhat hazed, as he found himself taken aback by the strength she had to stop him in his tracks with a single hand. Iida was much less prepared for the girl to latch her other hand beside the first and throw him in a complete rainbow arch to her other side so he smacked down out-of-bounds so hard that the smack could be heard from the crowd.

Laid on his back, staring up at the sky in shock, he listened to Present Mic announce, "Amajiki moves on to the next round with her surprising amount of strength!"

And a surprising amount it was, shocking not only Iida but her classmates. Had she always had the strength to throw a boy twice her size over her like it was nothing, much less moving faster than the eye could follow? Perhaps she used his momentum to assist her throw, but it was still puzzling.

Asumi helped the boy to his feet, offering a small, "Good job." Then she turned toward the tunnel without another word, leaving him in a state of wonder with the rest of the audience.

She really was a walking mystery

☯︎

"Do it."

There was a young man sitting in front of her, his hair a shade of brown but flowing every which way. She wasn't sure if it was his struggle or if that was how it stood, but she couldn't be bothered to really figure it out.