𝐗𝐋𝐈. I 𝒃𝒆𝒍𝒊𝒆𝒗𝒆 you

𝐢 𝐛𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐞𝐯𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮

𝐢 𝐛𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐞𝐯𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮

Asumi didn't like hospitals.

She wasn't throwing a fuss, kicking her feet and screaming to get her to stay in bed unlike when she was little, or... half an hour or so ago, but inwardly, it was still hard. Thankfully, the drugs eased her nerves and allowed her to linger by Tamaki's bedside.

The disinfectant smell, almost dull air was unsettling and it made her want to cover her nose. The pale green and white interior and beige curtains were drawn shut to give them privacy.

She was thankful her brother had no need to be hooked up to a bunch of machines, the rhythmic beeping would've driven her mad.

The girl held his slightly bigger hand in her own, her tired, emerald eyes set firmly on his bandaged face. From where she sat, she could barely see much skin, his uncovered eye on the opposite side. Tamaki had cracked a bone in his face, but it was his most critical. All the other minor ones had been healed and bandaged over.

She just stared, lips pulled in a straight line with her mind drifting off into thought. Aizawa's words to her earlier when he came to see her were long lingering.

"Kirishima's covered with bruises and lacerations from head to toe, but he'll live. Fat Gum has a few broken bones, but he seems mostly fine otherwise. Togata is okay, too, but officially without a quirk. That didn't seem to dampen his spirit, anyway. Midoriya, thanks to Eri, looked the most untouched out of all. That's not to say he didn't take any damage, however."

When she had asked about Eri, her wondering being mostly about the girl she had yet to see, his response left her both relieved and strangely disappointed.

"She's feverish and sleeping fitfully. She's being quarantined for now."

She felt a pan in her chest, recalling how she was unable to see Eri. If something provoked her enough to activate her quirk and Aizawa wasn't there to stop it, someone could get seriously hurt. Midoriya could only hold her as long as he did because he kept destroying his body, and her touch was not merely long enough to cause damage unless she had been in full health.

In other words, Eri had saved her life without even meaning to.

But she couldn't help but think about how it was strange how it all played out... It felt like history was repeating itself all over again.

Asumi unintentionally clenched his hand harder, cringing at the sting she felt in her inner arm that caused her to look down at it.

There was an IV drip connected to the girl, the once clear line soaked dark red from the blood bag hanging on the IV pole she had to drag around. It was a blood transfusion, and she was still... drowsy.

Apparently, she had lost so much that it could take several weeks for her to entirely replenish her blood, but the transfusion was to help give her back what she lost. Her body needed to rest, on her own time, by taking care of herself, sleeping, eating the right foods, and avoiding cardio activities until she was better. But needles... needles were not her thing.