𝐗𝐗𝐗. after the 𝒔𝒕𝒐𝒓𝒎

𝐚𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐦

𝐚𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐦

The day after a storm was supposed to be peaceful. The well-versed thunder rolled away with the lightning and falling rain to leave only the petrichor fragrance in the now calmed winds. The sidewalk beneath her feet was darkened and the puddles had yet to dry. Some children played in their rainboots in the puddles collected around their homes, cars driving in the ones alongside the streets. The grey clouds had turned white within the blue sky, but that feeling after the storm did not reside in Asumi watching her feet on the ground.

Alongside her was her elder brother, heading to the dorms after the few days off finally ended. The dorms themselves, Heights Alliance, had taken only three days to build.

What he did notice was her unusual quietness. It wasn't totally out of character for her to be silent, but the type of silence she radiated made him concerned.

They had stopped by her favorite boba tea shop on the way there because of this, but it only worried him more.

Her lips remained around the straw, sipping her boba profusely despite the fact she usually tried to savor her sweet drink. It was a clear sign she was stressed out without actually saying so.

Tamaki, however, was just as stressed as his sister for... other reasons.

"It's gonna be fine, Tama." She chewed on the tip of her straw as she looked over at him, "You won't have a roommate so you can hide in your room."

He wasn't convinced by her attempt to assure him. Living with people other than her and their grandparents sounded like a headache for someone who wanted to hide away all the time.

"Maybe it's a good thing. You have to see only your classmates frequently so you can work on it with just that small group." She assured, knowing full well how far his social anxiety reached.

"Yeah... you're right." He lowered his head.

Asumi smiled a little, sipping on her boba some more, "I know."

"What about you?"

"Hm?" Her head turned toward him again, taking a second to understand what he was asking, "Oh, I'll be fine."

He only hummed back to her as they took an alternate route to reach the dorms slightly away from the school. There was a lot of forestry around U.A., so they took advantage of that fact and built a few buildings for each class within the walls of their school for protection. The walls themselves seemed to be upgraded on top of that.

This route, along with the fact that they would pass Tamaki's class's building first, Mirio spotted them.

He threw an arm over Tamaki's shoulder, "Hey, guys!"

The Amajiki siblings hummed in acknowledgment, watching his bright smile turn to her, "You're really brave, Asumi. I'm proud of you for getting past the villains."