𝐈𝐕 ; butterfly 𝒕𝒆𝒓𝒓𝒐𝒓𝒔

𝐛𝐮𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐟𝐥𝐲 𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐫𝐨𝐫𝐬

𝐛𝐮𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐟𝐥𝐲 𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐫𝐨𝐫𝐬

Asumi Amajiki was never popular. That was a secret to no one. Not that it ever mattered to her much, even as a child. It provided peaceful silence that let her mind wander into its own little world.

School was a foreign thing, and she was a little behind, but always tried her best. Each thing had a place, even if it appeared messy. All of her crayons were laid out in front of her in order of red to purple, where she then would use them to color-code her work. It made her even slower that way, but she didn't mind.

"Whatcha drawin' there, sweetheart?" The sweet voice of her teacher, Miss Makino, asked as she peeked over her shoulder to see her progress on her work. She would check up on her fairly often, aware of the situation she was in.

"My brother." She answered as she calmly filled in the purple of his hair with her purple crayon, "He ate squid the other day and made his fingers tentacles after. It was really gross."

The teacher smiled softly, noticing that she had finished her work before doodling all over it.

When it came to recess, however, she would go to her designated spot under a nearby tree in the small field of grass a little ways away from the playground equipment that her classmates swarmed. Their laughter and chatter were drowned out by the buzz of nature, tuning that noise out. She tried not to think about the source of the buzzing, instead focusing on the ruffling noises of the tree and the singsong of the bird up inside its nest somewhere up there.

The girl's grown-out, messy locks of purple were pulled up into a half-up, half-down style, exposing her pointy ears that her family inherited somewhere down the line of quirks. Physical appearance changes were very common as quirks in the beginning, and they gradually got more and more unique.

A small hum sourced from her of no song in particular as she leaned her back against the rough bark of the tree, staring up. The leaves danced with every breeze that tickled her exposed skin and the hints of blue behind open spaces between the branches to reveal the sky gave off disarray of warm light.

The voices of her classmates became louder in her ears, causing a small, uncomfortable frown to play on her lips.

Her mind couldn't help but picture herself on the beach. Yes, that's what she was doing. Finding some shade under a palm tree on an island all by herself. Her fingers gently touched the dirt she sat on, picturing warm and soft sand. The bird's song became one of a seagull and the breeze faded into the sound of the ocean crashing against the shore. It calmed her.

Her imagination-land came to a standstill when it was rudely invaded by the white wings flapping above her.

A frightened gasp left her throat as she shot up, running away from the insect as though it were a villain chasing after her.